Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit 1 will not sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried the restart 2 times, rebooted my computer and it will not sync.  Wasted 1.5 hours calling the help line yesterday.  I have had no problems for years with this tracker and the same computer.  Fitbit does not think that there is a problem on their end but something happened to many people at the same time?  Are there any other solutions?  This is getting very frustrating!    

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Hello @RodneyR,

Welcome to the community!

When you restarted your tracker, did you see the 'FITBIT 6.60' message on the screen when you turned it back on?  If not, then you didn't press and hold the button long enough.

When syncing, other devices with bluetooth may confuse your Fitbit tracker.  So try this:

1. Turn off (or at very least turn off bluetooth on) all other nearby devices.
  2. Restart your tracker (make sure that you see the 'FITBIT 6.60' message).
  3. Try to sync from your computer.

Let us know if this works.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem and it seems it all started last Thursday.  I see many many people having the same issue of unable to sync since last thursday.  Funny how we all have the same issue at the same time and fitbit says not us.  What is their deal?   It must be coming from them.   

Best Answer

Same here- "Servers are down."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup.... "Server appears to be busy at the moment". That has been a long moment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here since Thursday, no syncing, but my message when I try to force a sync is "No internet connection," but I do have an Internet connection. First time this problem has occurred.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get same message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same problem that also began on Thursday evening. Last night I installed a new dongle & my numbers all updated to that point! Yippee!  BUT... This morning I'm back to first base...no sync. All of the suggestions and procedures I tried on my own and from my hour with the support folks did nothing. Dwonloading the app seemed to be the big thing to do but my wife and I have separate accounts and are happy with Fitbit Connect on two separate browsers.  Seems as though Fitbit is having an issue that has stumped them for a number of days. Hurry up and wait I guess?!? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit One will not sync.   My brother has one and it has stopped also.    What do we do?   It looks like lots of folks are having the issue now!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem since Thursday - my FitBit One has been working fine for a couple of years and now "No Internet Connection Found" - everything (internet, dongle, tracker, etc.) is working fine, it just won't sync - I wasting hours uninstalling and installing, etc. but no luck - the support team is useless, just suggests over & over to do the same things that haven't worked the last several times I tried - is there somewhere I can go to complain?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You said you uninstalled and reinstalled, but did you reinstall the same version of the software? I found that I had to uninstall the version I had, download the new one from fitbit setup and install it. As soon as I did that, everything back to normal. The newer software has a different look and feel, but I can sync again. I am on windows 7, so you would choose the appropriate version for your computer set up. Good Luck!

fitbit setup.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Man SadI am having the same problem!! I have been tr5ying to sync since last Thursday night. I tried again on Friday, with no success. I keep getting message no internet connection. Since I am connected to the internet I know that isn't correct. I have turned my FitBit One off over six times. Yes, it is all the way off because I see the FitBit 6.60 when I turn it back on. Please get this problem fixed soon!! Please send me some type of message when problem is fixed!!!

Thank you,

MAnne57

Best Answer
0 Votes
I downloaded for the website so I assume it's the most recent version
Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded the program from the web so I assume it's the most recent one -- in fact, I just did it again after receiving your suggestion -- no luck -- still "No Internet connection found"

Best Answer
0 Votes
Will give it a try. I did update software but nothing changed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

\yay/

Suddenly it works again.

I didn't do anything apart from gripe here.

And I've got the data for the past week too.

Best Answer

Hip, hip, hooray!!!Smiley LOL

my good ole ONE is syncing again, lost no data; just hope this heavy glitch will remain a thing of the past...

Berlin, Germany, 8 p.m. CEST

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! It's working!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for the trouble, everyone! We recognize that syncing and setup were not completing successfully over the past few days for customers using older versions of Fitbit Connect. You should now be able to sync normally.

If you're still having difficulty syncing, please check the troubleshooting tips in this help article.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Back in business here too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes