Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One Battery Replacment Instructions

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since Fitbit will not listen, I wish to try the "battery replacement" option.  I *KNOW* I found the video, but today (January, 2020) I cannot locate the video I previously saw!  Does anyone have the link to share?  This is of course due to the non response from Fitbit to "Bring back my One!  I am just about ready to give up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Lennyhan  do an online search using "battery replacement fitbit one" and it will bring up a video and other information. There may be places who do the actual work, too. You'll just have to search for the right option that works for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not that Fitbit isn't listening, they're not in the business of aftermarket repairs on out of warranty trackers. We should be happy they still let us connect these old ones to their system. Personally, I'm grateful to still be able to use my old trackers! 😁

These are [mostly] user-responded forums. You can reach Fitbit through their support.

I've never seen a One battery video, maybe it's removed or a "Mandela Effect"? 😅

There's a teardown I'd read on Ifixit before tackling mine, however, their Fitbit One was different than mine! There are two models of the outside plastic case. vs. The one I'd linked; my case extended to the end, vs. theirs which is shorter than the front side. See 2nd picture. 👇

I found a battery on eBay, slightly larger but easy to install. Bought battery on eBay, soldering iron on Amazon, warmed case with a heat gun; pried open with a pocket knife, held soldering iron on contacts, removed old battery installed the new one. Easy-peasy. Good luck!

The eBay battery was larger than the originalThe eBay battery was larger than the originalOpening up the Fitbit One before replacing batteryOpening up the Fitbit One before replacing battery

Best Answer

I know this is an old post, but I think the "Fitbit will not listen" refers to Fitbit not listening to users who have asked for a true replacement for the Fitbit One rather than anything having to do with them performing service on the Fitbit One.  I think very few people would go through the work of replacing batteries on old Fitbit One units or paying high prices on Ebay for working Fitbit Ones if they could just buy a new alternative.  At least Fitbit eventually came out with the Fitbit Inspire and Inspire 2 which can be work as Clip Ons.  However, many people, including myself, really liked the Stair tracking capability which the Fitbit One provided.  Fitbit does not offer that in the Inspire and Inspire 2.    What is WRONG with the Inspire Line?  1) Does NOT track stairs (a BIG deal to some, not for others), 2) The Screen is MUCH harder to read for the Steps.  The text on the Inspire and Inspire 2 is very small.  They were designed to be wrist wearables so they use most of the screen space for the time like on a watch.  The screens are configurable, but NONE of the options gives a decent sized readout for the steps.  MANY people have asked for this option on the forums (and it should be a simple software update given they have numerous "cutesy" screen options, but alas, Fitbit doesn't seem to listen to feedback.  3) Battery life is not as good as the Fitbit One.  The Fitbit Inspire was nowhere near as good as the One.  The Fitbit Inspire 2 has much better battery life, but still not as good as the Fitbit One.  4) the Fitbit Inspire series doesn't come with a case for clip mode.  You have to buy it separate and it isn't cheap.  You are paying for a wristband and, in the case of the Inspire 2, a heart rate monitor.  For those who want a clip device, these are worthless.  What is RIGHT about the Fitbit Inspire line compared to the One?  It is waterproof.  That IS a really nice capability.  You no longer have to remove the device when going into a pool, lake, or river.  I assume you don't have to worry about if you accidentally put it through the washing machine.  The Fitbit One was fairly waterproof (many have submerged theirs w/o negative affect), but it was NOT truly waterproof and many have had their unit die due to submersion in water.  If Fitbit would design a Fitbit One 2 which is just like the Fitbit One only waterproof, I think they would have many customers given how hard people try to keep their Fitbit One devices working or purchasing overpriced old units on Ebay.  If Fitbit would just add an altimeter (or whatever is required) to the Fitbit Inspire 2 and then allow it to track stairs, then I would be happy.

Best Answer

Kevin70, yes old post, but still relevant today.  EVERYTHING you mentioned it true.  I REALLY miss the stair tracking... I had to change to the Fitbit 3.  Battery life = ok, but NOTHING like the 2 weeks or more with the Fitbit One.  I *DID* try buy the battery, off the internet, and it did not work for me.  So Fitbit "won" had I had to buy a new tracker.  Maybe someday...

Best Answer
0 Votes