Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Fitbit in 2014, and it has worked up until four days ago. It is recording steps okay, but is not syncing. I had been using my MacBook Air to sync, and when it didn't sync, I downloaded the Fitbit app to my Samsung mobile phone. It is not syncing there either. Any ideas what is wrong?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Hi @Stepsupmountain  do not remove the app unless it's the last thing you can do to make it sync. The app versions are only available for the operating system your smartphone has and Fitbit has minimum requirements. here is the article about compatibility of the devices - click to read.  For trouble syncing - click to read this article. Let us know what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I already looked at those articles, and I really don't know what they are saying. I'm afraid I'm just going to give up using my Fitbit, and have already downloaded a free app to my mobile phone that tracks my steps like Fitbit did. Thanks for the reply, though.

Best Answer

Same problem just stopped working last sync was tues. Started looking for answers Wednesday and still can’t sync. Articles aren’t helpful. Will post if I find a fix but really annoyed at Fitbit 

Best Answer

Finally got it to sync & didn’t lose steps. Put it in the charger - connect to usb. Hold fit bit button down 10-12 seconds. Remove from charger. Push to turn on. They try to sync. It worked. Annoying and also annoying middle of this post Fitbit wants my opinion- they really don’t. 

Best Answer

@Hlpnow LOL that popup asking for opinions is disruptively annoying AF! Glad you're syncing 🙂

@Stepsupmountain one thing that helps me 90% of the time with sync issues on the One or other Fitbits is turning off Bluetooth on my Android and allowing Fitbit to turn it back on when I request sync. did you completely read the guide linked by @Odyssey13? which part didn't you understand? maybe ask in here for help.

Best Answer

Couldn't get my fitbit to sync since Wednesday, tried your method and it worked, thanks so much

Best Answer

Awesome news @Nerak74 ! 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@Nerak74 That's fantastic! Keep smiling and stepping on 😺

Best Answer

I followed your directions, they worked for me, too.  Thank you.  It's so irritating that the Fitbit app is so glitchy.  Has been since I bought my first Fitbit many years ago.

PS I've saved your directions for the next time my Fitbit One refuses to sync.  It will happen again.

Best Answer

Nope, nothing works. That's it I'm sadly retiring my fitbit one. It worked great for years but now every time I try to sync its a hassle. I won't be buying one of the wrist fitbits. I want to track steps not wrist movement. Its sad that fitbit has such terrible customer support. Good customer supportwould be an employee posting a solution instead they are ignoring these kinds of posts. They could even reach out to individuals with issue but they never do. 

Best Answer

So sorry that you have to give up your fitbit. I purchased my first fitbit when they first came out years ago. My first one went through the dryer and quit so I got another one and thankfully it has been working well for me. I haven't called Fitbit customer support for a long time but when I did they were very helpful, wonder if it is just the way things are right now with companies having a hard time finding people who want to work. Maybe you could try synicing it again in a couple of days, it would be very hard for me to give up my "One". I did have a wrist model and hated it because, like you, it tracked my wrist movements and not my steps.

Best Answer

Thanks for the information Hlpnow! My one quit styncing and I followed the directions that you posted and got it going again! I don' t know what I would do without my Fitbit "One".

Best Answer

Haven't syncd since August--too lazy to look up how to do it.  Thank you for the info.  It works!

Best Answer

Hello D! I hope all is well with you. 

My One bit the bullet in early August 😪 It quit even though it had been maintaining a charge for a day or two. I was working out in my yard in the early morning; when I came in around noon the display wouldn’t come on even though it had a full charge prior to my going outside and working for four to five hours (I was lightly perspiring but I was not using the garden hose so I didn’t get it wet). I could not get it to sync even with all the tricks I know to reset it. I attempted to charge it to no avail. I wonder if the display went out even though it wasn’t damaged. Have you heard of anything like that happening? I opened my One case very carefully and slowly (per our discussion)  and I didn’t damage anything 😃 I had to take the little motor out to trace the battery wires as I lost sight of them when they went under the plastic piece that looks kinda like a bridge that runs parallel to the motor. I had to take the little motor out to trace the battery wires. When I touched the motor with my tweezers to remove it, it reacted by vibrating which startled me so it obviously had power going to it. I soldered the new battery in which was a chore; I damaged some of the plastic case while soldering but not badly enough to where I couldn’t put the case back together nor where it will be impermeable. My man told me about some really cool flexible, moldable silicone glue called Sugru to put the case back together with. I plugged my One in for two days but the display will not light up yet the app is showing a 15% charge like it did when it croaked.

I sent you a friend request. Please HMU when you can as the information you had said you were going to send never showed up. I can’t help but wonder if the powers that be deleted it. I would like to pick your brain about some additional trouble shooting. Thanks! Vonda

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately Fitbit no longer supports the One and it is truly frustrating. There are new Ones listed on eBay in unsealed boxes at reasonable prices; just be cautious as some sellers do not allow returns. There are also some Ones for sale at outrageous prices. The Ones listed are Amazon are ridiculously priced. There are also refurbished Ones on eBay in addition to Ones that are dead and need new batteries.

Your One may have a dead battery especially if it was only holding charge for a day or two prior to the display going out on it. Fitbit has made it easy to replace the batteries in some of their newer models but not in the One. The batteries are inexpensive (around $15 on Amazon) but they are a bit tricky to install. I know because I just installed a new battery myself in my One. Either I damaged my One or perhaps the battery was fauIty; it was probably me as I may have inadvertently damaged something with the soldering gun. If you can find someone who can install a battery for you at a reasonable price, I would suggest trying that. Since the old battery will have to be removed and the new battery has to be soldered in, either a jeweler or game repair/electronic repair shop could install a new battery. Good luck!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! This worked for mine!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found an article that said to do what you described and the 9000+ step I took today now aren't showing up on the FitBit One and it still won't sync.  I ended up trying the suggestion to turn off the blue tooth on my phone and then let FitBit turn it back on.  It worked and the steps are again now showing.  Strange, but I'm glad it is working now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ursel13, It's sad to hear this I have pictures and steps on how to link it up. And it's so easy  1. Do you have a hard drive computer or a USB charger with extra ports?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happened to me as of 12/25/21. The reset tip just worked & it's syncing again.

THANKS!

Best Answer