Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had to move from a ONE to a ZIP because the Fitbit ONE failed to sync while the ZIP works perfectly. I was wondering whether all of the data from the ONE could be retrieved. I don't see any obvious method since the 'retrieve' system is only recognizing the ZIP which has only been in use for a few days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Hi @dhk99  as long as you kept your account (the same email address) as the One, the history should be there. How far back does the total history go?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was unable to reliably sync the Fitbit  ONE so replaced this with a ZIP. In the 'history' on my account, I see only the ZIP (which has been active for 2 days) but no record of the ONE. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you replace it, the history will go back as far as the account. As long as you didn't make a new account, your old history with the One had just rolled into the new data with the Zip. I've had many devices, but can go all the way back from day one with my original Flex. See how far back  your history goes and you might see what I mean.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not clear on how this is done. The system is only showing my most recent Fitbit item which goes back for 2 days. Any suggestions on how to track 'history'?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Click to go to the activities area of your dashboard. Pick month, year, etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very helpful. This shows the history of the ZIP device (which has been active for 2 days) but nothing earlier.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure what happened. You used the same email account for the Zip? I'm asking a Fitbit Moderator to stop by to let us know what's going on. I'm curious!

Best Answer

Another issue is that the system periodically cannot find the 'tracker'.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13 Nice to see you here. Thank you for your help and informing us. 

@dhk99 Nice to see you in the Community! Thank you for your message and efforts. 

Have you removed the One from the account or is it still paired to it?

Tapp on your profile picture and you'll see the devices paired to your account. 

If you see the One, please confirm the date it was last synced. 

Remember that the trackers save the data for the last 7 days or a summary of the last 30 days.

How far ago did the One last sync?

See you around. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

OK. I have managed to track the activities on the ONE (using the /activities option, not the APP). The major issue now is that the ZIP is only periodically being recognized. I get reports that the 'tracker' cannot be found.

Best Answer

Only the ZIP is shown under devices. Lasy sync was 4 hours ago. 

Best Answer

Last ONE sync was Aug 21. 

Best Answer

I have discovered that the tracker was not being recognized by the system. If I removed it and then plugged it back into a USB port, then it was recognized and an update could occur. Nor clear why this was happening but I have noticed that this computer sometimes does not recognize some devices attached to USB ports unless they are removed and inserted again. USB storage devices are always recognized. 

Best Answer

@dhk99 , Thank  you for your reply. 

Please on your Fitbit app, on the Dashboard go back until Aug. 21st. There should be the data from One. 

This explains why you don't see any history information. 

The problem with the USB port, might be that the contacts on it are not working correctly, but more information can be provided by your pc expert .

Hope this helps. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

The dashboard I can access does not show dates. I can click on a '<' sign which takes me back a day at a time. As I recall, there is an option that permits one to enter a date but I am not seeing it in the current dashboard. 

Best Answer

Hi @dhk99  go to https://www.fitbit.com/activities  - then select the time from the little calendar on the right.

Best Answer