Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One Not Setting Up After Firmware Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit one tracker is not /syncing bonding with the Fitbit app after upgrading to firmware 6.64.

The fitbit One tracker was working completely fine on firmware 6.60.

I updated the tracker via the app.

After updating the tracker's firmware, the tracker no longer synced with the app. 

The tracker reported its firmware as 6.64. 

The app reported the tracker's firmware to be 6.60 and kept prompting to perform the firmware update. 

I followed every troubleshooting guide i could.

One of the suggestions was to remove the device from my account and try to set it up again.

I attempted this, now the device will not set up. 

After entering the 4 digit code during setup, the app will fail to bond with the tracker. I have tried this on Windows PC, Android and IOS. On Windows the error message is, "trouble connecting to fitbit.com". On IOS, the error is "com.fitbit:HTTP error 400". Android has a generic 'not working?' message. 

I believe the tracker is stuck in a state where it is still flagged as performing a firmware update. I have sent a message to fitbit support. I've made a thread here incase there are any other known fixes. I have followed other threads about this issue, i've tried all troubleshooting steps and saw the only resolution to be a discount on another fitbit device. 

The One Tracker was working fine before this firmware update. I imagine that is issue would be relatively easy to fix. I am hoping there will be a way to fix this perfectly fine tracker. The tracker still works totally fine but cannot sync or bond with the app. Thank you for reading and for any assistance!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

I have the same problem with my one. I spent about an hour with customer support and tried everything, but ended up ordering an alta hr.Now I have to wait 3-4 weeks to get it. I am hoping I don't have the same issues with the new device.I am still wearing my one , but it is annoying not being able to save the data.

Best Answer

I will be interested to hear if you get a fix. I stopped updating my One about 6 months ago after reading in multiple forums of One users that since Fitbit has discontinued the One, it is better to avoid the updates.

JEH1

Best Answer

I can't get mine to sync either after the update!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, however it seems many users are complaining about the 6.64 firmware update. The tracker 'Technically' still works fine; the base functions work. It has lost the ability to sync with the app or bond with a user's account. Perhaps that was the intent of their firmware update. 

If it wasn't they should fix it. Offering users a discount on another tracker is not a solution. If the firmware update breaks the tracker, there needs to be fix or an option to roll back to the previous version. I'll never buy another device from Fitbit again if this is the only resolution. I purchased 3 'one' trackers over time and simply want the device to keep working as intended.

A cursory google search shows it is possible for users to dump/flash firmware images for Fitbits now using their mobile phones. I think it will be possible for users to fix this themselves...

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
I feel like if I personally start googling and try to fix it myself, I’ll
probably end up making it worse. I want them to fix it. I have had this one
Fitbit since December 2013 and it challenges me every day to keep up my
activities.
Best Answer

@michaelwbell Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your One, for trying troubleshooting steps, and for contacting customer support regarding this.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox. 

@SunsetRunner It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing the same. 

Have you tried these syncing troubleshooting steps already? Please try them in the order given for best results.

@Quiltbaby Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for contacting customer support regarding this. I'm glad you are getting an Alta HR. I'm sure you will not get a similar situation with that one. Follow these set up steps once you receive it.

@JEH1 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for your comment, we will check what solutions do customer support provide.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit One was working properly until I added the app on my phone. Now every time it sychs, it reset my data to 0.

This is very annoying and I don't know why or how to fix it. Can you help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally plug my Fitbit into my computer and turned it off. Then I unplugged and turned it back on and I got it to sync. Now I will give it a while to see how it is working

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have identical issue. Fitbit support state their engineers are working on a fix. Still waiting!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue.  It will not sync to the app.  This is frustrating to me because I get points for my steps through Vitality which gets me a discount on my health insurance for meeting the necessary qualifications set by my employer.  My Fitbit one hasnt synced since 8/15 and I've done all the necessary steps they suggest.  The device is still working but will not sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR Thankyou for the help with this, for the PM and for assistance with support. I've been chatting to support and hoping to see if there is a resolution.

I understand you have changed the thread title. My main concern is that there are many users like myself who have what would appear to be the exact same problem, and the problem is directly as a result of trying to update to Firmware 6.64. 

I hope there will eventually be a solution other than "here is 25% off on another tracker". The Fitbit One tracker was working totally fine. I keep thinking with huge regret, "If only I hadn't tried to update".

There must be a way to fix this via an update on the fitbit app. When I try to bond the Fitbit tracker with my account, the app is reporting 'cant connect to fitbit.com'. Cant the fitbit app at this point recognise this tracker is one of these (small minority?) One Trackers and trigger the firmware update again? 

I understand that the Fitbit One tracker is no longer sold or supported. I have been a huge Fitbit fan and advocate since 2014 and have purchased 7 One trackers during that time for myself, friends and family. I truly feel a firmware issue like this should be fixed even if the device is no longer officially supported. That is what many other software companies would do.

If there's a decision by FitBit to not provide a fix for affected users, Fitbit should at least put a warning on the 6.64 update. Before this happened, I never would have thought, "Oh, there's a Fitbit update. I should do a thorough Google search to see if this update might permanently break my tracker."

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

@fittynerdy Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with your One not syncing. 

This is a very strange situation. Can you check if the time zone settings are correct? Your One should only reset to zero at midnight every day. 

If you do have the time zone correct and this keeps happening to you; please perform a restart on your One. This has helped other users in the past.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your reply and for trying those steps to sort this out. I'm glad to read it is working properly now. Please let me know if you experience any difficulties once again. 

@SDay Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for contacting customer support regarding this. Thanks for sharing the information they have given to you. 

@Marksb It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting this as well. Thanks for trying the suggested steps. In this case, you may have your One unpaired from your account. Please try these set up steps to sort this out. 

@michaelwbell Thanks for your reply and for sharing those details. Thanks for your feedback regarding this.

It is not possible to go back to the previous firmware version. In this case, only support can help you out with resolutions to get back on track. Thanks again for your feedback. 

Keep me posted!

Best Answer

@SantiR

Thank you, I switched the time zone from Toronto to Montreal, and register my One to my account again and tested it with a few steps and after manually synchronizing it and placing it in the charger, both steps kept my steps registered. Hopefully it stays this way. Again thank you kindly for your help.

Best Answer
Good deal!
Best Answer

That worked. Thank You!

Best Answer

@fittynerdy @SunsetRunner @Marksb Thanks for your replies and for trying the steps provided.

I'm really glad to read that the tips worked for you and that you are back on track now. Hopefully, this will help other users who might be experiencing something similar.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got a fitbit one on sale.  I have to connect it to my wondows computer with the charging cable to even get it to turn on! I did manage to get it to firm ware 6.64. As soon as I take it off the charger it will not turn on! This is the same that I am having with the older one that I trhought was dying

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @FMcrafter ,

congrstulations in finding a One?

How much was it on sale? ( they have doubled in price on eBay since Fitbit discontinued them.) 

i sm the lucky owner of one of a One. I din’t Remember how old it is ?6years maybe.

A few years ago, I made the decision (based on posts in one of these forums) not to update anymore. It was a good decision. My zone has remained stable.

Yoyrs sounds like it might be a battery problem though.

Time for Fitbit to issue a Special Edition One!

Best Answer
0 Votes