Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refuses to pair with s7

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Tried everything. Phone off, phone on. App uninstalled, app reinstalled. Reset one several times. Bluetooth on, bluetooth off. Pairing always rejected by one. Customer service said discount on new one, no help with problem. Works fine with dongle, just wont pair. At my wits end...like the one, dont want anything new. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @Coke.d it sounds like you are trying to use the Bluetooth screen to pair your tracker. Please stop doing this, at best you will only get a message of "Rejected by the One". 

You say it works fine with dongle, is this dongle connected to the unknown phone or the unknown computer? 

If it works fine with the dongle then the tracker is setup. Install the Fitbit app on the phone, run the Fitbit app and log into your fitbit account. The app should ask for some permissions, you want to agree here, and the app should proceed to sync. 

That is all you will need to do. If it fails to sync, we then have a sync issue and the first thing to try is removing the One from the phones Bluetooth. 

Best Answer
I've had my Fitbit One for 6 years. The dongle is connected to an old computer I don't use, I use an iPad now but it has no port for the dongle.

I have the app on my S7, have had it for ages. Always worked fine. The App will sync when next to the dongle in the computer any other time it says no device found.

Half the time I check my phone's Bluetooth there is no Fitbit One. The other half it shows one but pairing is rejected by one. I've reset the one several times and tried to set it up as a new device as well.

I've turned Bluetooth off and on logged out of the app, uninstalled the app turned the phone on and off, nothing until I get next to the computer. I just can't figure it out.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same problem for the last week.  Would appreciate knowing how to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JDotte could you give a little more info? I'm not sure which of the several problems listed above you might have. 

@Coke.d Im still not convinced that your issue is not related to the latest Fitbit app and the Android 9 problem. 

Best Answer
My One will not sync with my S7 Edge. Hasn't been a problem until about a
week ago. It says "looking for device" and then "device not found". This
was happening all weekend. I deleted app on phone and reinstalled it a few
times. Turned the bluetooth off & on. Tried setting up a new device,
etc., etc. When I got back to desktop tonight, I plugged One into computer
(dongle) and it synced.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have yet to solve the problem. I have tried everything online I could find to get it to pair. the app tells me that it can find no device. the Bluetooth sometimes shows a Fitbit One and then it will not pair it will get rejected. and sometimes Bluetooth doesn't even know there's a Fitbit One. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app turn on and off Bluetooth restarted one. All to no avail. If you figure it out let me know

Best Answer
0 Votes
The issue certainly could be. But no one can tell me how to resolve it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine syncs fine when I get next to the dongle. Either can't find the device or is rejected by Fitbit One can't figure out the problem I've tried everything too

Best Answer
0 Votes
My FitBit One has been syncing fine since I did app update on my phone
about a week ago. Just hoping it continues to do so.
Best Answer
0 Votes