Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit One has been absolutely great for the whole time I have had it and then somewhere around a month ago or more it started having problems.  It seems to be going through the battery in one day and sometimes it even quits in the middle of the day.  I can't even log my sleep because it quits in the middle of the night. I love my One and don't understand what wrong especially since my husband's is fine with no issues (same age, we got them at the same time).  I have updated it (it says 6.64), I have restarted it, I have charged it overnight and still-problems  Got any suggestions?

Stella Laurie

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

Have you done the app update to 3.3.1 or beyond?  If you have, make sure that 'always connected' hasn't switched on. 

Sorry that's the only suggestion I can think of - alternatively it might just be that your One has reached the end of its life, I guess that like other rechargeable batteries, it can only be done a certain number of times.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just experienced the same thing yesterday for the first time.  The only thing I track with my One is steps. For that reason the battery in my One usually lasts 8-10 days.  I charged it to 100% the morning of Sept. 6 and yesterday morning the app showed 80% but at 3:pm, although the phone app still showed 80%, the One was dead as a door nail and when I got home I had to recharge it from 0%.

The new app interface no longer will allow me to edit items such as "all day sync".  I'm wondering whether that, or the back ground fixes from Fitbit are doing something.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having issues with my Fitbit One syncing as well.  Ever since they introduced the new screen, or "new look" it won't sync like it used to.  I've tried several things and it is frustrating that my steps are not being counted as they should.  Also, what constitutes a flight of stairs?  My stair counts are not always being counted as they should.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been doing this for weeks, not synching, telling me it can't find the Fitbit and its sitting within an inch of my phone.  I am glad to hear it's not just me.  I figured it was some ploy to get us to switch to something new.  If my 'one' quits I won't get another to keep counting steps as my phone keeps track also.  

I will call into Fitbit tomorrow, however, as I want them to log as many people as possible to get the bugs out.  

Best Answer
The last time mine synced was on Sunday, September 8th at 1:15 PM. I have
logged off and back on several times and I have restarted my phone several
times but nothing has helped. I have exceeded my goals every day but have
no log of that and it is so frustrating.

Please be sure to post the results of your call; I am curious to know what
their response is and if they have a solution to offer.

Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I read online that people have unpaired their phone and then re-paired it to the One.  I tried this.  It literally said my One was not connected every 30 seconds so I turned my notifications off and am going to see if it sync's today.  If not I will definately call and post.  

I had at one time turned all of my data off so I am not using data (just wi-fi) and I also wonder if that wasnt the issue

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried and failed. I even checked to see if I needed an updated software
version. It said I was up to date. I have tried data, I have tried Wi-Fi
... still nothing. Keeps saying device not found. I don't want to set up a
new account and install again like it's a brand new device. That will wipe
out all my history.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I have spent the last hour-ish on Fitbit chat.  Last night I had cleared all my permissions and restarted everyevery.   Today she has me unpair any other devices connected 2 my gonep.   I also realized that my dongle and laptop were closer to me and my phone now since rearranging my house so I pulled that too.  She also mentioned keeping the battery charge up.  Other than that I would reach out 2 chat.  It was a pleasant experience 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for the update, I appreciate it! I will try to figure
out what I'm going to do about mine. I do keep mine fully charged up, all
the time, so I doubt that is the issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have other Bluetooth items paired to your phone.  I vaguely remember I had this issue before and that solved it.  I just refreshed mine and instantly it sync'd

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fit won't pair with my phone now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I don't have any other Bluetooth items connected with my phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

there is a new update that just resolved all my issues. download it and restart your phone. see if it works for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would try their chat feature.  they were wonderful helping me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd try chatting with then sorry I'm not more help than that

Best Answer
0 Votes

My One quit syncing this week.  Had to "Chat" with a customer service representative 3 different times before they would say it is the device that failed.  They offered me 25% discount on a new device.  With so many devices failing, I find this very curious.  Be loud about your displeasure.  I just posted on Facebook.  Everyone having this problem should do the same - or use Twitter - just get your displeasure out there.  Squeeky wheel gets the oil (attention / help / satisfaction).  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! I won't waste my time talking with customer service. I don't need
or want a new device. I like my One and only want to count my steps, number
of flights of stairs climbed, calories burned, total distance, etc. Just
the basics, don't want all the latest and greatest with all the bells and
whistles! I will be sure to express my displeasure with the whole
situation. Thanks again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can tell you this, and then I am bowing out of further communication. 

Not once did customer service ask me to use any device other than what I own (One).  I made it clear at the start of the conversation that I do not want another device.  It could be worth talking to them for your sanity of the situation -not sure mental health, stressing over a Fitbit is "wasting your time" but that's just me.  I prefer to not live in or bring drama into my life.

My suggestion to you all is to call or chat with customer service.  They were great with me.  My One works.  And I don't have to worry about it anymore. Plus they have access to all the secrets so solve things where someone in a forum may not

Best Answer
0 Votes
I talked with customer service 3 times to no avail. I, too, don't want another fancier device. I like my One and I want it to work.
Best Answer
0 Votes