Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One Not Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m out of state and my Fitbit one will not sync to my iPhone. Can I use my cousin’s laptop to plug my Fitbit One in and then try to reboot?

I have the attachment that I can plug in to her laptop. My Fitbit account shows 113 steps. ( that’s displayed on my iPhone) my actual Fitbit says 8243 steps. Also on my iPhone, my Fitbit display is showing no syncing. That part of the display is right above the battery level of my Fitbit. It keeps flashing and that’s it. It also keeps saying “looking.”

I’m on my cousin’s WiFi.

I’m so sorry it’s so long. I’m just so frustrated. I need my Fitbit to sync with my iPhone! I’m not tech savvy either!☹️

Help!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity/Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@mld507 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing those details about the experience you have had with the One. It's unfortunate to read that it is not working anymore. Thanks for trying the steps provided in order to sort this out.

On the other hand, I'm glad you got an Versa already. That is one of the new generation of Fitbit devices (it's a watch actually), and it's a great device. I'm sure you will enjoy all of the features this watch has to offer.

Also, please feel free to check the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

You would need the dongle as well as downloading the Software to her computer unless she has it already.

By Attachment do you mean Dongle? This?

dongle.png

You can download the software here: Make sure to scroll down

https://www.fitbit.com/start

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@Josie567 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing the situation you are experiencing with your Fitbit One not syncing with your iPhone.

Yes, you can use your cousins laptop to restart your One. Just plug it in to the charging cable and then into the laptop. Then, perform the restart steps. Try to sync afterwards.

If that doesn't work, try the other steps shown on this helpful article. That should certainly help you out with this. 

If that doesn't work, try what @WendyB suggested on her post and use a USB dongle to sync with a computer using Fitbit Connect software.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am leaving the One board as:

1. It stopped syncing nine days ago

2. None of the steps worked

3. The warranty expired after having a similar problem a year ago

4. It's no longer available (so, hoping for better things with the Versa that arrived today)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mld507 I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing those details about the experience you have had with the One. It's unfortunate to read that it is not working anymore. Thanks for trying the steps provided in order to sort this out.

On the other hand, I'm glad you got an Versa already. That is one of the new generation of Fitbit devices (it's a watch actually), and it's a great device. I'm sure you will enjoy all of the features this watch has to offer.

Also, please feel free to check the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you everyone for your suggestions ! All is well with my Fitbit One! Everything is fixed!

Have a great day everyone!

Best Answer

@Josie567 You are very welcome, thanks for your reply! I'm really glad to read that you are back on track now and that all is well with your tracker. Glad to read everything is fixed!

Anything else you may need please let me know!

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  2. Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  3. Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
  4. Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.
Best Answer
Thanks so much! All fixed!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MlongIrwin Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing those steps. Just for everyone to know, those are the restart steps for the Fitbit One. Thanks again for the addition.

@Josie567 Glad to read that! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes