Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One Turning Off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My FitBit just started to power down on its own 2 days ago. It is full charged. Any reason why it is doing this? I have missed almost a full day of steps twice now. I hold down the button and when it comes back on, it shows the time when it shut off. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I've not come across this problem before (in theory it can't turn off without being on charge) but the first thing to try when a fitbit misbehaves is a restart using the following procedure:

1. Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  2. Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  3. Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
  4. Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.

It does no harm and can sort out all sorts of issues. You might need to give it a few tries though as it's known to not always work. If it doesn't work after this then I'd suspect your One may be reaching end of life.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issue with my unit since the beginning of the year...the unit just randomly turns off. I picked it up this morning, it displayed a message, then I put it on my pocket as usual. I went to change clothes this evening and just discovered it's been off all day (steps recorded=0). Irritating.

I was in China for 2 weeks and never had an issue, even after charging it there. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TBrand Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing the situation with your One randomly turning off.

I'd recommend performing a restart on your One. This process has helped other users in the past that experience this situation. 

Also, how old is your One?

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has the same issue, turns off 5 sec after I turn it on and now can't be uploaded because it keeps denying pairing requests from my phone. I have 3 different units (hoarded when they stopped production) and all now are useless. And yes, I have done the restart multiple times. I think I may be at the end of my fitbit journey which makes me sad as there is no equal replacement for my beloved Ones!

Best Answer

@eandesmom Thanks for your reply and for providing those details!

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

Keep me posted! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your help!

I did the reset on my unit and as of this time, it seems to have prevented the unit from shutting off. Interestingly, the time reverted back to the time in China! I synced the unit with my app and it has reset itself.

My unit was purchased in February 2014. I am not looking forward to the day the unit quits, as I have become accustomed to checking for it on my pocket and can't stand the thought of wearing something on my wrist (I gave up a wristwatch about the same time I started wearing the Fitbit One...between it and my cell phone, I always have the time in view quickly).

Thanks for the quick response!

Best Answer

@TBrand Thanks for your reply and for trying the restart and providing those details about the results.

I'm really glad to hear that your One is not turning off anymore and that the time went back to normal after syncing it! Hopefully, this will be helpful for other users too.

I wish your One a long life! I know it's a great device. Smiley Very Happy

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes