Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One, better then a Timex!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This morning, my Fitbit One managed to climb 17 stairs, walk 1100 steps, and take a bath all on it's own in less then 25 minutes! AND, after I retrieved my Fitbit One from the pocket of the shorts that I retrieved from the "Washing Machine" it was still functioning 100% though the battery level was quite low. Probably not the recommended way to clean your Fitbit but is a testimony to its durability! 

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Last Friday I accidentally sent my Fitbit One into the sink and didn't realize it until 20 minutes had gone by. I put it in a bowl of rice for 5 days - nothing happened - it would not come back to life. Exactly 7 days later, after figuring that I was SOL, I tried turning it on. And yes - it's alive again! So happy to have my One back. It must have just needed more time to dry out. SO HAPPY! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad yours worked. Mine died a horrible death Smiley FrustratedSmiley SadSmiley Surprised

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, perhaps I sang the praises to soon...as today, when I took it out of my pocket, it appeared completely dead.... but.... I put it on the charger and was able to connect to it and it did in fact log my steps. Perhaps the battery was shorted out in the wash and damaged so only a short battery life now.... Will update if it continues to be an issue.... but if it no longer works it is nobody's blame but my own! 🙂

Richard L. Wood
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear that @WendyBSmiley Sad

Greetings everyone!

@Woodysan831 & @PenguinStar

Hey, let's keep our fingers crossed for your buddy. Smiley Wink I'd recommend leaving your tracker in a bowl of dry rice for at least 48 hours and then attempt a restart by following these instructions

Have a nice weekend. Keep me posted with the outcome!

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

No need to be sorry @MariamV I contacted support and they gave me a discount on a new one. I love my one.

That's what the others Sould do as well. @Woodysan831 @PenguinStar

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@WendyB I think my One is my favorite Fitbit. I simple love that motivating greeting! Smiley Happy

@Woodysan831 & @PenguinStar I believe WendyB has a point in suggesting that. Keep us posted with the outcome! 

Looking forward to your new comments. 

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
Update, unfortunately my Fitbit One worked for only a few days after it's run through the wash. 😞 I had buried it in a jar of rice right after the run through the wash, as for some reason, rice is quite available here in Japan. Maybe it needed to be buried in American Processed rice? 😉 Anywho, living in Japan, the price of shipping the old ONE back, and paying for a reduced priced ONE is about an even wash on just buying a new one outright. The reason for my ONE to stop working has nothing to do with Fitbit's awesome products as much as it does with my forgetfulness to remove said Fitbit One from the pocket of my shorts before washing! It clearly states in the information that the FitBit is NOT waterproof! It's all on me! 🙂

Richard L. Wood
Best Answer

@Woodysan831 thanks for keeping us updated! It's unfortunate to know that your Fitbit isn't working after the rice. Smiley Sad I really hope that you can get back on track so that you can step again!

I'd like to invite you guys to our Lifestyle Discussion Forums. There are lots of interesting topics; my favorite is "Eat Well" since I love food! Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recommend waiting a bit longer. Mine came back to life one week later (and it was only buried in the rice for about 5 days). I put it away and then on a whim turned it on again - and amazingly, it did turn on. 

Now, unfortunately, and probably having nothing to do with its accidental bath in June, the display has faded away to nothing - but my One is still working - I just can't read it anymore and have to sync it with my phone to see how many steps I've taken. 

Best Answer
0 Votes