Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One -how long do they last?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I'm new here, but have had a Fitbit One for just over 4 yrs.

In the last couple of months I've had to start charging my One every other day or so.  It used to be 2+ wks, then a week and now a couple of days.  Is my Fitbit at the end of it's life?  Can you replace the battery?  It's getting to the point where I charge it before I work out because it has often gone dead during my work out. I'm also not getting notification that my battery is low. It almost always shows as 'medium' on my app.

I have it set so that it doesn't sync unless I go in and manually sync it (all day sync and always connected are turned off).

I was thinking of getting the Alta, then I read the Alta forum here and decided it wasn't for me since I want my steps to count if I have my hand on the treadmill, shopping cart, etc.

I would appreciate any insight.  Thanks.

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

I have had two fit bits over the past 2 + years.  I have experienced that the battery life if the fit bit HR only lasts a little over a year.  Basically just past the warranty period.  I will not buy a fit bit again.  Totally disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit doesn't care about their customer base and "ignore" the many requests for the One. Mine is on its twilight tour and once done, I won't buy another. I tried the Blaze but sold it in January. Charging my One every other day and noticing the cycle is shorter. Disappointed. Once the One is done -- so am I. I bought a ring-like device that counts stairs, heartbeat and walks/runs. Not as good nor as nice as the One. The Zip is a poor excuse for an upgrade, the Blaze as indicated, wasn't setting me on fire. I cannot wear a watch for reasons not needed to discuss here. Sorry Fitbit, you #fail. What happened to the company that listened to their customer base? 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Totally bummed that the One was discontinued. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had mine for 2 1/2 years. Still works great and charge still lasts 10-15 days!!!

unfortunately I lost it outside one morning last week and have not been able find it. Have tried everything including using app to find it but no luck. Now need to replace. Not sure what to get since One not available and Zip not a good alternative!

Best Answer

I have had mine for 5-1/2 years now with minimal issues.  It still holds a decent charge--about a week.  But I likely will not be a Fitbit user after this dies, unless the firm comes up with an alternative to the One.  I have no use for its other products.  Sad.

Best Answer

@dcwalden Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for posting your opinion about Fitbit One. Please check this thread in which you can check some alternatives for it.

@DavGo258 It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing the situation you have had with Fitbit One. It's unfortunate to read that it got lost. Thanks for trying those steps in order to find it.

The only clip-on tracker available is the Fitbit Zip. However, if you would like a wrist tracker you could check the new generation of Fitbit devices here.

@joanheminway I hope you're doing well! I'm glad to read that your One is still working properly after so many years. Hope it will keep like that for more time. Thanks for your feedback.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had a Fitbit One since 2014.  Lost my first one and it was replaced.  I am now experiencing having to recharge my unit frequently.  I will try restarting it to see if this helps but recognize that batteries only have a certain lifespan.  Is this the best solution you have?

Also I have a question about a possible replacement of the Zip as I do want a clip unit and do not want a plastic wristband (which I find tacky and not fashion conscious lol).  Presently the One gives me sleep details (although changed with an update during my experience) and also flights of stairs.  Does the Zip offer these same statistics?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. If Fitbit hasn’t produced a replacement for the One by the time mine dies, I won’t get another Fitbit device. I just got an Apple Watch and don’t want 2 devices on my wrist.

Fitbit, are you listening?

Larry Johnson
Best Answer

My understanding is the Zip only counts steps, nothing else. The One was the perfect clip on tracker, so no idea why Fitbit no longer makes this or something similar. 

I too don’t want to wear a wrist tracker. I have a nice watch I wear, plus unable to wear anything on wrist when playing sports. 

Come on Fitbit, listen to your customers!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Thanks for your response.  I remove all my jewelry when playing golf and racquetball but can wear my One so I am in full agreement.  As for only counting steps why bother with the Zip.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@moharvey Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to report the situation you are experiencing with your One's battery power. Thanks for restarting. 

I'd recommend checking these tips to improve your device's battery life. That should help you to get more out of it.

Also, for possible replacement for the One; I'd recommend checking the discussion on this post. You can also vote for this Feature Suggestion asking for a new updated clip-on tracker to get released. @LarryDJ @DavGo258 

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

It is called "planned obsolescence". Fitbit makes the devices really hard to service, so when the battery degrades after ~300 charge cycles, you have to throw it away and purchase another one. You are not buying a product that you could use for several years, but one  you will be forced to discard after just a few.

This is a shame, as it robs users of a product they may still find useful, forcing them to spend money on a replacement; it is deceitful as it is never mentioned to the user that after 2-3 years they will have to dispose of the product, and it is also harmful for the environment, as many devices that could be in good working condition if their batteries could be replaced, now have to be discarded. Most of those devices will just end up in the trash.

NEVER BUY PRODUCTS THAT CANNOT BE SERVICED!!!

Best Answer