Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One is dead

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My 77 year old mother's Fitbit One is dead. We plugged it in to charge but there is nothing...no lights, no display. Tried to do the reset process but nothing happens. Cleaned the contacts & tried again...nothing.

She really loves the Fitbit One because she doesn't want to wear a wristband and, here's the biggie: she does NOT have a smart phone & does not use any of the app or online features. 

I am looking for any help with reviving her Fitbit One and/or any possible replacement that does not require a smartphone for use. Believe it or not, there are still people out there that are not totally dependent on a smartphone.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Sincere regrets on the loss of your mother's One.

I had to go online and purchase a used One as potential backup for when Ole Trusty crosses over. the company doesn't have any plans save leaving One users in the dark.  There is the Inspire, but it doesn't inspire me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't find the info...do you happen to know if a smartphone (& Fitbit app) is required for the Inspire to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

bc -

Likely, yes, they would be required. You could reach out to the "Inspire" community board to learn more. And, again, best wishes that you get something working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue after returning from vacation. I own other devices and only brought 1 with. I sent a question to fitbit regarding this and they instructed me to plug the device in to charge for at least 30 minutes.  I then performed the reset to my device by plugging the charging cable into a computer and holding the button down steadily for several seconds.  The screen showed the firmware version and then flashed the battery status and the screen went dark again.  I removed my One from the cable and pressed the buttons and the display worked.  It needed to sync with the app to correct the time, but it seems to be working just fine now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kathie -

Congrats on getting your One back in operation.

Best Answer
0 Votes