Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit one no longer syncs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As of May 6, my one no longer syncs to the apps or computer.  Did a new version get released Friday?

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I had same problem.   This post from a board moderator worked for me:

Hello guys, hope you're doing great today Smiley Very Happy! In case you need to restart your Fitbit One, you will find the steps below:

1. Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  2. Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  3. Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
  4. Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.

Your tracker should now work normally. 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer

For some reason the link in your response didn't work, and searching on the link returned inconclusive results.  Appreciate the help though!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also quit syncing I have tried several things with no luck. I'm hoping they have an update to take care of this 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same problem. What's up?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The directions were to plug your Fitbit one with the charging cord into a
USB charger (your computer or other USB power source), then hold down the
button on the One for 10-12 seconds. Remove from the USB charger and it
should be fine. Mine was fine and got an update where now it says 'Steps'
before showing the number of steps and 'Miles' before the distance. Been
syncing fine since then. Good luck.
Best Answer

It works now.  Plug it into your computer with the dongle and hold the Fitbit button down for 12 seconds.  Remove from dongle and hold button until the Fitbit reboots.  Took two tries, now it works.  Weird...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks much.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I had the same problem.  Fitbit needs to make it easier to find this kind of information. Spent hours reading through the Fitbit One help categories and Quick Links.  Finally found this page.... Yes it finally worked, but what a waste of time

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got off the phone with Fitbit and all I had to do was plug it in and restart it. Once I did that the last 5 days all synced including today
Best Answer
0 Votes

These steps work fine for me.  However, I seem to do them much more often than I used to.  I don't know why it quits syncing after a few days.

Best Answer
0 Votes