Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!!! Fitbit one won't pair

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit one was giving me issues syncing so I deleted and reinstalled the app. Sadly now it won't pair with my iPad or android phone. They don't see to find the Fitbit when I try pairing. I have tried soooooooo many things that I have read to do. I am frustrated!!!

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Just did this procedure:

Plugged into recharge. 

Held button down for 20 seconds while still in wall. 

Holding button down I unplugged & then released. 

Now syncing! 

Best Answer
Im so glad it wirked for you :)I tried it several times with no luck 😞

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks

Best Answer

I’ve tried all these suggestions and just keep getting the Error 400

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday morning it worked and then I ran the update.  From then failed to sync with the IPhone.  Ran the reset off/on routine and it synced.

Today, a new day, it fails to sync, Again ran the reset off/on routine and it synced.

Something buggy with the update apparently.

Also, amusingly, this website wants to direct me in French, even though it connects me to this English list.

I am on my third One and prefer it to higher function devices.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted the One & also the app & started over. I didn’t get error messages, just “looking.” The “restart” is what made the difference. Been ok since late Saturday. Also don’t want to give up the One but probably on borrowed time.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@blue.bamma Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experience with One not pairing. Thanks for trying so many things to resolve this.

I just want to confirm if you have tried all of the steps listed on this helpful article. Please try them in the order given for best results. 

@LADSONE @Ultra I'ts great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out. Hopefully, this will help other users too. Feel free to also try these other syncing troubleshooting steps if you keep experiencing the same. @Ultra Regarding the website in French; check on the lower right corner of the screen to change the language. 

@DocRon127 Welcome to the forums! I'm glad to see that you found a solution on this thread! Smiley Very Happy

@KVose It's great to see you here! Where are you getting this error message? Are you downloading the app from the app store of the platform you are using?

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Happy to report that retries on pairing cured the issue I reported above.  So far so good, though the step count on regular loop is off about 10%.

Question after today's congressional hearing:  does the FaceBook logo on the website dashboard page trigger data to that firm?  I am not a member and do not want any connection with the firm.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ultra Thanks for your reply and providing that information.

I'm glad to hear that it is now working properly. If you feel that the step count is off try restarting your One and checking if the height you input on your personal setting is correct. You could also try wearing the One on a different location.

Regarding the Facebook question, do you mean at the time you are about to log in to your online dashboard? Facebook will ask for permissions to share data, if you don't want anything to be shared do not accept any permissions from them.

To double check, go to "Applications" on the online dashboard and check if Facebook appears there. If it is, click on "Revoke Access". This should help you out.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit one is also not syncing and the reset is not working either!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AnnHK Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your One. Thanks for performing the restart steps to sort this out.

There are more troubleshooting steps you can try in order to resolve this. I'd recommend trying those in the order given, if it asks you to do the restart again, please do so for best results. You can find those steps on this helpful article.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi - The restart on my Fitbit One is not working. I have plugged it into the charger and held down the button for over 30 seconds and the display does not change. (I’ve done this several times.). I have reset the device in the past. So, I know what is supposed to happen, but this time it refuses to work. The button does work when I take it out of the charger. I can scroll through my steps and activity. But it still does not sync. Please help!!! - Ann @AnnHK

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AnnHK Thanks for your reply and information and also for trying the restart steps. 

So, the button is not completely unresponsive, correct?

Did you tried the other syncing troubleshooting steps found on the article provided above? If not, try the following:

• Force quit the Fitbit app, try syncing.
  • Turn Bluetooth off, wait 10 seconds, turn it back on. Try syncing.
  • Reboot your phone. Try syncing.
  • Try syncing using a different phone, tablet, or computer. 
  • Remove other devices from the list of Bluetooth connected devices from your phone. Try to sync.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi - Yes, I have tried all of those suggestions.  My Fitbit One still refuses to reset.   Any other ideas?  Thanks for your help and follow-up! - @AnnHK
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! this worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AnnHK Thanks for your reply and for trying all of the troubleshooting steps provided in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@jeannek57 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for trying the steps provided. I'm very glad to hear that this helped you out and that you are back on track. 

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello LADSONE, 

Your instructions that you provided WORKED!!

Here are LADSONE's instructions for those who might need them:

Just did this procedure:

Plugged into recharge. 

Held button down for 20 seconds while still in wall. 

Holding button down I unplugged & then released. 

Now syncing! 

---------

For some reason my FITBIT ONE would not pair (after I deleted it because it wouldn't sync for some reason) and your instructions were the only thing that made the ONE pair with the FITBIT app.  

Thanks again!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sometimes I find that when the Fitbit One won’t sync I can delete the app and then put it back on.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I did this twice.  It still did not pair.  After about 20 minutes I tried again.  It now pairs successfully!

Best Answer
0 Votes