Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please resetting Fitbit one after washing it!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I stupidly washed and tumble dried my beloved Fitbit one.

When I do the first part of the reset it looks hopefull - in the charger pressing the button for 10 secs comes up with Fitbit 6.64 and a full battery picture - all good

But when I take out of charger and hold the button down nothing happens 😞

Is there any hope?  Any other way to wake it up for syncing?

The One is brilliant when you don’t want to wear one on your wrist - much more discreet -and I gather they are discontinued so REALLY want this to work

Thanks for any help

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Did you put it Rice at all? It needs to sit in Rice for at least 48 hours.

Otherwise its probably gone to FitBit Heaven. I washed mine  a few months and it did come back after being in the rice

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Did you put it Rice at all? It needs to sit in Rice for at least 48 hours.

Otherwise its probably gone to FitBit Heaven. I washed mine  a few months and it did come back after being in the rice

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I washed mine and tried leaving it in dry rice for 24 hours but still not working...

Best Answer

I'm sorry. It not covered under warranty. But if you contact support they should offer a discount.

Link at top of forum

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I did the rice trick for over a week. I think it’s indeed in Fitbit heaven. Very sad as they don’t sell the One any more and it best suited my needs. Never mind. My fault!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ednabit @I'm sorry. It not covered under warranty. But if you contact support they should offer a discount

Link at top of forum

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did and they did. But no fit bit one any more. I’m getting used to the Flex2 as a substitute. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you check ebay?  I've washed mine several times, let it sit a day and it worked fine for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I walked into the ocean with mine, forgot I had it on.  Didn't put it in rice until a day after since I had no rice at the beach.  After 24 hrs, it lit up but had wrong time.  I tried restarting and now it won't wake up at all.  Will try another 24 hrs in rice again, but it's probably too late.  Sad they don't sell it anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes