Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide my profile

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to be able to use the app on my phone to track my fitbit activity. However, I don't want/need friends looking at my profile. How can I "hide" my profile so people aren't finding me (this isn't facebook).

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @4jhox,

Welcome to the community!

You can set all your settings to "You" in your privacy settings.  There's a nifty feature on your profile page (drop down on the very top) that shows you what your profile looks like for you, your friends, or anyone.

That said, when you install the Fitbit App, it cross references your contacts and alerts you if your friends are on Fitbit.  Conversely, if your (Fitbit) e-mail is in your friends contact list, it alerts them that you're on Fitbit as well.  They won't be able to see any details about your profile, nor will they know your profile's URL, but they'll know that you're on Fitbit.

The easiest way to avoid that is to register with an e-mail that none of your friends have.  E-mail services like outlook.com allow you to make an alias (different address that delivers to the same mailbox) to your e-mail.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @4jhox,

Welcome to the community!

You can set all your settings to "You" in your privacy settings.  There's a nifty feature on your profile page (drop down on the very top) that shows you what your profile looks like for you, your friends, or anyone.

That said, when you install the Fitbit App, it cross references your contacts and alerts you if your friends are on Fitbit.  Conversely, if your (Fitbit) e-mail is in your friends contact list, it alerts them that you're on Fitbit as well.  They won't be able to see any details about your profile, nor will they know your profile's URL, but they'll know that you're on Fitbit.

The easiest way to avoid that is to register with an e-mail that none of your friends have.  E-mail services like outlook.com allow you to make an alias (different address that delivers to the same mailbox) to your e-mail.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

It does, thank you!

Best Answer