Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I pass my FitBit One onto a family member?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've got a FitBit One, which I've had for over a year, maybe two. I now want to pass it on to one of my children. How do I do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @RodAtHome, it's great to see you around! If you want to pass your One to somebody else, then your children has to create a Fitbit account and then just set it up the tracker as a new device and all the previous data that your One recorded will be automatically deleted. However, please take into consideration that in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) Fitbit requires that all users registered to the site are age 13 or older. 

I hope this works! Let me know if you have more questions. Robot wink 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

@RodAtHome how was your weekend? Robot Very Happy Ok let me answer this, every time you sync, your data is transferred to your Fitbit account, so my recommendation is that sync for the last time before you pass your Fitbit One to your children, 'cause as I mentioned, your data will be deleted once the tracker is paired with another account. 

I hope this helps! Keep me posted. Smiley Frustrated 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @RodAtHome, it's great to see you around! If you want to pass your One to somebody else, then your children has to create a Fitbit account and then just set it up the tracker as a new device and all the previous data that your One recorded will be automatically deleted. However, please take into consideration that in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) Fitbit requires that all users registered to the site are age 13 or older. 

I hope this works! Let me know if you have more questions. Robot wink 

Best Answer

Hi @HeydyF, thank you for responding to me and answerng my question. Your answer leads me to ask another question. Can I archive all of the data that has been saved by my FitBit One, before I pass it along? I'd really like to not love that before I give it over to one of my children.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RodAtHome how was your weekend? Robot Very Happy Ok let me answer this, every time you sync, your data is transferred to your Fitbit account, so my recommendation is that sync for the last time before you pass your Fitbit One to your children, 'cause as I mentioned, your data will be deleted once the tracker is paired with another account. 

I hope this helps! Keep me posted. Smiley Frustrated 

Best Answer