Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I restart my Fitbit One?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello guys, hope you're doing great today Smiley Very Happy! In case you need to restart your Fitbit One, you will find the steps below:

1. Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  2. Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  3. Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
  4. Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.

Your tracker should now work normally. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

What if it doesn't work?  This is my second One and my last did the exact same thing.  I follow the steps exactly, but when I unplug it my screen doesn't come on after, at least 2 min. of holding the button down.  It comes on while it's plugged in and shows FITBIT 6.60 and then shows that my battery is fully charged. 

With my first one, Fitbit support just sent me a new one.  But this is the new one doing the exact same thing. 

Best Answer

@AllisonR whilst the restart usually does the trick it can sometimes fail to restart properly. It's always worth giving it 2 or 3 tries if it doesn't seem to be helping.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks @SteveH, but I've tried it multiple times (like 7-8).
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello my friend @AllisonR, welcome here Smiley Very Happy! I agree with @SteveH. Did you try doing the restart 3 times in a row? Or you did it in randomly times?

If the restart doesn't work, please get in touch with Customer Support so they can see where the issue is coming from. Don't forget to mention the steps you've taken to avoid getting the same ones.

Don't lose the hope my friend!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you, that worked on the second try.  I noticed my iPhone stopped counting yesterday evening.  I'm happy to see my missing steps from yesterday showed up too.

Best Answer

Great news sweetie @knitter21045Smiley Very Happy I'm glad to hear you're back on track!

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Best Answer

Does anybody know how long I should hold down the display button on my fitbit one after doing the charger step. Also does anyone know what might fit in the back of the One in order to restart it as well

Best Answer

@TheBigGuy you need to hold the button down for 10 - 12 seconds. You will see the firmware release number display when it has restarted. 

This is the only way to restart the One. Don't try poking anything into the hole at the back as this is the sensor for measuring floors climbed. You won't restart it but you may break it.

Best Answer
Thanks for the heads up. Glad to know what that micro hole in the back was for. The charger via the comp trick definitely did the trick. I didn't even have to hold down the button that long 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

This worked. Thanks!

Best Answer

Thank you for simple effective instructions that are easy to follow and help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done this numerous times to no avail. Also it has started doubling my steps. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done the suggested reset step at least 5 times in a row.  It will not start up after I remove it from the charging cable.  The App seems to sync only when the Fitbit is plugged into a computer.

I have had my Fitbit since Feb 2016.  It has firmware version 6.64

Has my Fitbit One died forever?  It is time I get a new one?

Best Answer

Don't know when you entered this, but did you ever receive a reply? Today is 7 nov 2019, mine reacts exactly the same way, including the same firmware number

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing. It just stopped working. I can't get anything to display.

Best Answer

Same issue. Same firmware version. Same attempts. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

Were you able to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rickypat @SunsetRunner @kmbalke were you able to fix your Fitbit One?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, after many tries of restarting it.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer