Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I update and sync my One with an ipad or iphone while traveling.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When home I use Fitbit Connect on my PC and everything works great.  When traveling if there is an update my Fitbit stops working.  I only have an ipad and iphone with me so not sure what to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@MAPD  All you need to do is download the Fitbit app from the app store.  The app says it is an iPhone app, but you can put the same app on your iPad.  No real reason to do that, if you always have your phone with you.  Also, many of the screens do not rotate from portrait to landscape, so it is cumbersome to view the app on a tablet.

Just log into your account with your email and password and you will be good to go. 

With the app and your One you will be able to take walks, run, and hikes using the GPS in your phone.  This is a feature called MobileRun.

If you track your food and use a fair amount of prepackaged food, you can scan the food in using a scan barcode feature. Personally, I am a home chef.

Good luck.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

LZeeW thanks for your reply.  I have the Fitbit app on my iPhone and it works great.  The only time I have an issue seems to be if an update occurs while I am away.  At that point my Fitbit goes blank and stops working.  Once I get home and update the software by connecting it to my PC everything is fine!  Very strange huh!

Best Answer

Thanks for your input @LZeeW

@MAPD welcome aboard! That does sound pretty weird indeed. I recommend making sure that your iPhone's app is running the latest version as well. 

I've found a post with troubleshooting steps, check it out here! I also recommend taking a look at this article: What should I know about traveling with my Fitbit?

Hope this helps! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes