Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use LightBlue to find Fitbit one

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone been able to use the app recommended by Fitbit help to locate lost Fitbit ?

i can sync so I know my One is at home somewhere.  The LightBlue app doesn't work for me, hoping someone can help 

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

@Carmel1709 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! I have heard that LightBlue does works correctly. I think it will show you the name of the device and a percentage of how close your cellphone device is from the tracker. The good thing is that it is confirmed that your One is at your house somewhere as it is syncing. 

As you are using a clip-based tracker; looking near your laundry should be a good idea. Many customers find that these trackers wind up in the dirty clothes pile.

If not, you can try using another Bluetooth locator app that you may find for iOS devices. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t understand how LightBlue works. All the numbers don’t make sense to me

Best Answer

D29CDBC2-9E04-4D5D-9773-E7BBE853ACA8.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found it but LightBlue doesn’t show it ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JimtwillI have used BLE Scanner and that also doesn't show the Ionic. The odd Mac address isn't the Ionic. The Fitbit One shows. The lower the number the closer you are to the device. The TV is about 8m away and the One is 1.5m.

Screenshot_20171217-081816.png

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too.  Lost my ftibit but I'm getting a low battery notification, which makes me think it's close enough to sync with my phone.  Found the recommendation from fitbit to try LightBlue.  Downloaded it, but it's useless.  There is no way to decipher the info.  Maybe try a ouija board?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used BlueTooth Scanner on my iPhone.  It was like using a divining rod to find my Fitbit Versa and it was found hanging on a limb in a bush I was trimming the day before! 

Best Answer

I tried Lightblue.  I switched

Best Answer
0 Votes

I installed the Lightblue app.  It shows blue bars for every device but my Fitbit, which appears to be frozen.  The Fitbit appears as one of the devices, but there are no bars for the Fitbit at all. I know the Fitbit is in the vicinity because it syncs.  But I have no idea where it is.  Once it runs out of battery power, it’ll be lost.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Did you ever figure out how to find it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry I didn’t. It’s not accurate enough to pinpoint the exact Location so once it was out of battery nothing worked.
Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've never tried this app, on Android "Bluetooth Scanner" works perfectly for me, maybe it will for you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

On my iPhone, I used Bluetooth Scanner. It was like looking for my Fitbit Versa with a divining rod, and it was discovered hanging on a limb in a bush I was trimming the day before!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try both BLEscanner and LightBlue. Neither of them works for me. I narrowed down the location of my watch to my bedroom by using sync in fitbit app. Then i called my phone and searched for buzzed noise. 

luckily my watch have about 70% battery left and i have it set to vibrate with the incoming call. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found that recommended app useless, I couldn’t make sense of the numbers. I tried a few others with no success either. But Wunderfind worked! Yes I had to pay a one-time fee of $4.99 but after searching for days with a few other apps to no avail, it took me all of 5 minutes with this app. Just walk around and pay attention to when you get closer to 80% and over - it means you’re really close! 

Best Answer
0 Votes