Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

My apologies if this has been beat to death already!  At 2.05pm yesterday my Fitbit One stopped synching via my desktop.  I have Fitbit Connect v1.0.0.2578.  I realized it wasn't synching this morning and tried manually synching via the desktop Fitbit Connect program and got the "No Internet connection Found. Please check your internet connection." message.

I've tried the suggestions in the last thread (below) I could find about this issue (and that thread seems closed, given it has an answer, or I'd simply have posted this there) and unfortunately, no joy:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Zip/quot-No-internet-connection-found-quot-error/m-p/1481138#M25494

I called Fitbit customer service and their only response was that they're moving away from doing things on desktops and that's where I need to go.  And... End of discussion (on their part).

Is the One well and truly at the end of its lifecycle?  I don't have my phone with me most of the time (but I am usually near my computer) or this wouldn't be so big a deal.

Oh - My One is a warranty replacement device (from back when I got it) and when they sent the replacement it included the dongle so I even tried replacing the dongle in case that'd died (it's just over 10 years old)...

Thoughts?

And if the answer is "Butch up and use yer phone!" I can live with that - but I'd like to figure out why, yesterday, things came to a halt.

In advance, thanks!

- Bill

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I forgot to add: I reinstalled the software as well, with no change regarding it working (i.e. not)...

- Bill

Best Answer

I hope they come up with a solution. This is the only tracker I choose to use.

Best Answer

The phone won't sync either

Best Answer

I personally like using the computer also, especially when trouble shooting my device. I got the so long and good-bye message also. Lost my one and wanted to replace it with one I had for a family member that never used it. Finely got it hooked only to be unable to sync or get a display after that. Guess I was to happy with the one time sync.

Best Answer

My One stopped uploading data to my Mac on 1st May. I constantly get a message telling me to sync, but it won't do it to my desktop, and I don't have a smart phone option. Sick and tired of companies (let's face it, usually Google) telling me that I can no longer do something because I'm not rich enough to afford a pretentious phone. I doubt I'll buy another Fitbit now that I know Gogs bought them.🙄

Best Answer

My One also stopped updating May 1st.  I didn't notice it until today and I brought up the Fitbit Connect (on Windows 10) and it said I needed to update.  But when I went to the MS store I couldn't find the app for my computer.  It seems that it has been discontinued, not updated.  Someone suggested that I need to put the app on my Android phone but I don't see how that would help.  The fitbit One is not bluetooth compatible.   I have a dongle plugged into my computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The one was Bluetooth compatible, my old computer wasn't. My new computer
didn't need that. Oh, when I updated my one it never worked again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My one is connected to my iPhone via Bluetooth. Turn off Bluetooth, no sync. Turn on Bluetooth, syncs fine (except for the annoying “update tracker” prompt). 

Best Answer
0 Votes