Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No internet connection found" error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a fitbit Zip. As of a few hours ago, it has not synced. When I try to sync manually, the Fitbit Connect ap says "No internet connection found. Please check your network connection." It does so even though I am connected (I'm writing this even as I get the message).

I've searched the forum, and though many people report this problem, none of the solutions offered apply.

I'm on a laptop, running windows 10. I ask it to check if the Fitbit Connect i up to date, and it does claim to be (version 1.0.3.5512).

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138
I uninstalled Fitbit connect on my PC (Windows 10 installed a few weeks ago.). Installed the Fitbit app from the windows store and after several attempts it still wouldn't sync. I clicked on my Fitbit one icon in upper right corner and then a new screen came up saying wireless dongle needed an update. Did that and lo and behold -syncing began! Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Haven't heard anything back. On my Android tablet, it will sync. ....as long as I use only the "app" version on my tablet. When I view the Fitbit connect version on my tablet (let's me enter exercise info, etc on connect version), the app version stops syncing up. On Windows 10 laptop, Fitbit connect version doesn't seem to recognize the dongle.....and I won't put the "app" version on my laptop due to Microsoft asking me to update my windows log in to match my Hotmail login info.

Gut feeling: IMHO, Fitbit is extracting itself from non mobile devices via making it a PITA to run it on a laptop. Again, just an opinon

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab® S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Regarding the info sent back from Fitbit....let's assume the customer uses a computer like an appliance.  Assume the customer cannot infer anything from the instructions listed....such as proxy servers and things like that.

Best Answer

Same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

Use Zip, my last sync was 5:59 Thur. 07/21.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can u give me the steps to update the dongle plse.  I have a zip as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi i finally got my fitbit to sync. I had a conversation with fitbit and was told to upgrade my program.  I tried in Internet Explorer and it wouldn't work. I then went to Chrome and it did the upgrade. My computer is now syncing but still have not got my Iphone to work!  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the One. I uninstalled Fitbit Connect and installed the Fitbit app from the Windows store. I still wasn't able to sync till I clicked on the One icon in the upper right corner. The next thing that came up was a message saying the wireless dongle needed to be updated. Clicked on the update and then syncing started! Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I will give it a try and let you know the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is this One icon in the upper right corner that everyone is referring to? Hoe does one update the wireless dongle?

Best Answer
0 Votes
On the dashboard of the windows store installed app in the upper right hand corner is the icon, also where you can access your profile, etc.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am connected to internet also, and it will not sync, its says no internet connection.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Uninstalling Fitbit Connect and reinstalling seemed to be the solution. I did this and now everything is working just fine!

I am using the Fitbit Zip and am running Windows 8 with Internet Explorer as my browser.

Here are the instructions I was giving:

To uninstall the Fitbit Connect software from your PC, please do the following:

1. Click the Start button
2. Click Control Panel
3. Under Programs, choose Uninstall a Program
4. Highlight Fitbit Connect
5. Click Uninstall/Change
6. Click Uninstall
7. Click Finish
8. Restart your computer.

Before reinstalling, we recommend you temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software, as it may interfere with proper installation of Fitbit Connect. You can re-enable your antivirus once the installation is complete.

To reinstall Fitbit Connect, please do the following:

1. Go to www.fitbit.com/setup and click download here beneath your device.
2. Double-click the installer file from the download location.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete installation.

When attempting to sync try plugging the Dongle in all the possible USB port in your computer, since maybe one may not detect it.

Hope this helps!
Best Answer

Well....I tried downloading Fitbit connect from the windows store.  Something did download.  I run my windows 10 laptop "like" it is still windows 7.  I don't do the whole "app" thing on my home laptop computer.  So, on my "normal for me" desktop, no sign of the new download.  If I select the window icon on the lower left corner and get the "simulated, trying to look like an Apple product" view, I'm able to get the "new app".

Trouble is, it still does not see the dongle and it's "dashboard" looks nothing like what I am used to.

This is what I want to see:

Capture1.PNG

....and then I can select "log" very easily to insert what workout I do:

Capture2.PNG

My current situation:  I want to keep "Fitbit connect".  I hate the "app".  The above (pictured) info does not seem to be avaialble in the "app".  And in all situations, nothing is seeing the dongle on my laptop.  I update via the bluetooth on my android tablet.

If someone can show me how to see the above pictured data in the "app" as well as, with a screen shot, show me where in the app to see my own data, force an update for the dongle, and allow me to enter my exercise data as I have been doing for the past 2 years, I would be very appreciative of that.

I don't know how to even start using the "app" on my laptop. 

Thanks.  Cheers.  Mike.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update:  with the "app" version of Fitbit hiding on my "non desktop" side of my Windows 10 computer and the Fitbit connect on my desktop......everything seems to auto sync now.  Whatever........

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I go to the windows store and find the Fitbit App there is no button to start a download. If I click on the "free" box, a window opens asking me for my account. When I click on my account it thinks for a while and then that screen disappears and nothing happens -- I'm back at the Fitbit App screen. How do I download the app form the windows store?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish I could help, but it took many attempts before it magically happened for me. Still not convinced it does anything....

When I tear down an old car, I always create a running log of the procedure.....some else hopefully will pipe in with a step by step checklist approach.

Signed,

non computer guy who uses computers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab® S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have version 86, updated computer fitbit software, and took battery out of fitbit and reinserted after 10 seconds, still doesn't work. Says no internet connection. My wife has exactly the same fitbit, same internet connection, hers works fine. Mine synched earlier today--I haven't done a thing with the computer except to turn it on to read news earlier today, when it synched. But this evening : no internet connection error message.

OS version: Windows 7 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601) 64-bit NT
Application version: 1.0.3.5512
Dongle status: connected
Dongle FW version:  v.1.6

Sounds to me like the problem is on Fitbit's side. Maybe it will work tomorrow, I hope....

Best Answer

I am having the same problem as everyone else. I guess I will wait one more day. To uninstall and reinstall and some people still say it doesn't work, is a waste of all of our precious time. What a hastle.

Update: Uninstalled and reinstalled. Worked but then would not find my fitbit. Took out battery and then it found it. Cross my fingers will keep working.

Update#2: Woudn't sync. Had to take battery out again then it would. grrrr.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay; I am not liking the app, which seemed to have a fair amount of trouble detecting the zip, and which did not seem to able to sync unless I changed my DNS lookup server manually.

I went to fitbit.com/start, and forced the download of fitbit connect for PC by clicking on the PC under the "Download from the Windows Store" button (since it automatically detected I'm on Windows 10). That took me to an almost identical screen which now has a button that says "Download for Windows".

I downloaded this Fitbit Connect. The version is 2.0.1.6742, as opposed to version 1.0.3.5512 which I was running previously.

I disconnected the dongle, and installed. Then I connected the dongle and clicked on the icon on the tray to start Connect. I immediately said that it was "updating", and not to disconnect the dongle. I'm guessing it was updating the dongle, as other posters have indicated.

After it updated the dongle, it synced normally. It seems to be syncinc now. I will wait to see if it syncs without my having to force it manually (which was my big problem with the app). If it does, I will mark this as the accepted answer.

UPDATE: Yes, it updated by itself.

I think the key is the update of the dongle. This gets done by the new connect, version 2. If you're running a version 1, like I was, I'd suggest uninstalling, unplug the dongle, download and install new version, plug in the dongle, and let it update it.

Best Answer