Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No internet connection found" error

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a fitbit Zip. As of a few hours ago, it has not synced. When I try to sync manually, the Fitbit Connect ap says "No internet connection found. Please check your network connection." It does so even though I am connected (I'm writing this even as I get the message).

I've searched the forum, and though many people report this problem, none of the solutions offered apply.

I'm on a laptop, running windows 10. I ask it to check if the Fitbit Connect i up to date, and it does claim to be (version 1.0.3.5512).

Best Answer
138 REPLIES 138

I must join the long line of Fitbit users sharing the same problem.

I use Windows XP. All snycing stopped on July 21st. I am alterted that there is "no internet connection" (though there is). I have uninstalled and reinstalled Fitbit Connect twice, but with no success. I have tried to install the Fitbit App from iTunes, but am told that an error is preventing this. I have tried the wireless dongle in another port, without any luck. 

My only possibly original contribution to this thread is that on the initial Fitbit Connect menu (i.e. right-click on the icon), the words "USB Dongle Connected" are in pale type, not in bold; which suggests that the dongle is the root of the problem.

May I join the many posters in asking Fitbit to issue some coherent advice here? I've had my Zip for three years, and have never had the remotest problem. It would be good to sort this out. Thank you.

Best Answer

just another "me too" my fitbit zip stopped syncing sometime after 2200 UK time 21 July, running W7 64.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to install the app from Windows store (recently put 10 on my computer) and tried syncing - nothing. Went back again and clicked on the Fitbit one icon in the corner - screen comes up saying wireless dongle needs an update - did that and was able to sync.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try clicking on the icon of your Fitbit. That's what brought up the update screen. Hope that works.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is anyone still having difficulty syncing their device?  I am receiving the error message "no internet connection found" since Friday.  I contacted customer support but they were not helpful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm still unable to sync. I un-installed and then re-installed Fitbit connect on my Windows 10 laptop. Now, the program endlessly searches for and is unable to find my fitbit.........but no longer get the warning anymore....
Best Answer
0 Votes
I put the Fitbit app from windows store on my computer then uninstalled connect. Tried several times to sync with no luck. Then I clicked on the Fitbit zone icon on the dashboard and then the screen showed update needed for wireless dongle. Did that and then I was able to sync.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try clicking on icon of your Fitbit. I did that and a screen came up saying update needed for wireless dongle. Did that and now I can sync.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
For me to download something from the microsoft app store requires too much "new passwords to turn my windows system on" garbage.

I'm sticking with fitbit connect.

Maybe it's time to simply get a new device from a competitor.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue and can relate. I now have a Flex and was using the same dongle I received when I initially got my zip. I have the other dongle I received when changing fitbits and tried that. Got the same message. I don't have a cell phone so that is not an option for me. My last sync was Thursday (07/21). Hopefully there will be a resolution and we will be notified. This is frustrating.

Best Answer

I've also been having the same issue since Thursday, July 21st around 5:45.  That was the last time my Zip synced.   I have Windows Vista on my computer and have tried a number of the things many of you have tried and nothing is working.  Has anybody heard anything further from the company?  I would really like to get my Zip to sync again.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
I downloaded Fitbit app from Windows store and uninstalled Connect. It still didn't sync. Then I clicked on the icon of my Fitbit One on the dashboard - a screen came on saying update wireless dongle. Did that and then was able to sync! Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't see that...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I fixed my problem days ago but fitbit support finally got back to me today at 2:48AM central time. Here is the response or solution that was offered: 

Hi,

We're sorry to hear you're running into an issue your internet connection.

Upon checking you account we noticed that your Zip last synced 7 hours ago with high battery level.

Please ensure the following:

1. You are running the latest version of Fitbit Connect. You can find the latest version at fitbit.com/setup (see imgur.com/a/wD6wi for instructions). Before reinstalling the software, please disable any anti-virus programs to reduce installation complications. You can re-enable your anti-virus once Fitbit Connect is installed.
2. Fitbit Connect is included in your firewall's list of allowed programs. For instructions, see: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Allow-a-program-to-communicate-through-Windows-Firewall
3. You have re-entered any proxy settings that may have been reset after installation (see imgur.com/a/yCfro for instructions).

If you need to manually configure port access for your computer, Fitbit Connect requires access to ports 80 and 443 to communicate with Fitbit.com servers.

If you're still having trouble you can try setting up using a different computer or mobile device. For a list of compatible mobile devices, see www.fitbit.com/devices. For setup instructions see:

– For setup using a computer: http://fitbit.link/ituyr
– For setup using an iOS device: http://fitbit.link/neisgw
– For setup using an Android device: http://fitbit.link/rctegs

Once your device is set up, the computer you're receiving the error with should begin syncing if Fitbit Connect is installed and the USB dongle is plugged in.

We appreciate your time with this.

Sincerely,

Dominic B. and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer
0 Votes
ok, I am reconnected but what a hassle!!! I did as others suggested and
removed the fitbit program from my PC. I then had to go to the Microsoft
store and download the program again. At first I thought I had made a
mistake and did not know how to fix it. Once the program was off of my
computer, I reloaded it by adding "new device' even though it was the same
fitbit. This did work and my fitbit synced and found the last 3 days.
Yes, there is a dashboard on the Microsoft Store, but I prefer the one that
I have on my Google Chrome, and it synced on that page too.

It would have been really nice if Fitbit would have sent out an email about
this instead of all of us having this problem.
Best Answer

Does anyone have a solution to getting this "No internet connection found" error for the ZIP?  This is absolutely crazy.  I have not been able to sync since Wednesday 7/20/2016.  When I tried on Thursday, 7/21/2016 is when I got this error and have it ever since.  What's up... please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My last synch is showing at 8 a.m. on Thursday.  I did all the uninstall and reinstall.  It shows I have no updates needed.  I downloaded the app on my phone, still doesn't work there either.  I was on the live chat this morning and she had me check for a proxy server, and that was turned off.  She had me turn on automatic proxy server, still no connection.  Then she had me e-mail my export logs to her, which she got, and it is now going on up for research as there is no reason I shouldn't be able to synch to the connect software.  So as of now, still no resolution. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
I uninstalled Fitbit connect on my P C then reinstalled. NOW it WORKS!
Best Answer
0 Votes

It won't work. I have 2 fitbit dongles. same problem on both.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to update the wireless dongle and then it worked.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes