Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate stairs recorded

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Brand new fitbit one. Says I did 14 flights of stairs. I didn't do any. So the calorie count will be wrong too.
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Sunnyjones. It's a good idea to restart your tracker as it might just be a temporary glitch. There is a help article here that has some info about possible reasons for your tracker registering extra floors. You won't get additional calories for those floors, you need to physically ascend them for that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I reset it several times. That didn't work. I am just going to shut that option off. I don't do stairs anyway. It's just annoying that it does that. Thanks for your reply.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Sunnyjones. Your Fitbit One tracker records floors from changes in barometric pressure via a sensor called an altimeter. When the barometric pressure changes past a certain threshold representing a change in elevation of 10 feet or more, your Fitbit One will record a floor if and when the said change is accompanied by movememnt.

The problem is that the altimeter can be fooled into counting floors when there were none due to barometric pressure changes caused by factors other than elevation. For example, in my neck of the woods, if I happen to walk a familar path that I know should give me two or three floors, I may get 25-30 floors if it's a windy/stormy day.

So you be the judge - if there were no such circumstances prevailing when your One recorded all those false floors (riding in a car with the windows down might do the same thing), then I would suggest getting in touch with the Customer Team. Here is the link.

http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
They are sending me a new one
Best Answer