Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

Kate Fitbit: Remember the 'new Coke'? How'd that end up for Coke?

Best Answer

My husband got a Fitbix Flex 2 after I got my One this summer.  He despises wrist band trackers, and bought it because the price was right and the packaging indicated it could be worn in a belt clip.  However, there was not a brand name one to be found!  He bought an off brand silicone holder that has a magnetic closure and he wears it on his belt loop.  We compare steps and it seems about the same as my One (considering our strides are probably slightly different, I don't expect us to get identical steps on a walk together).  Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Best Answer

I just looked at their product page and I do not see the One in the lineup.

I turned off All-Day Sync and Always Connected.  Since I did that a few weeks ago, I have not had a sudden battery drop again (and I did have a few of those inexplicable 1 day long battery life situations this summer!).  Now my battery is back to lasting about a week!  Only problem is, I have to open the app each day to prod it to sync.  Oh well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess I'm saying my goodbyes to Fitbit.  Sort of feels like I've been dumped.  

Has anyone tested the Misfit Shine 2?  It can be worn on the wrist or clipped to clothing.  It does not count flights of stairs, but has many additional functions. 

Best Answer

Really, I don't see the point of scrambling to get the last 'One' available.  It's useless without software support.  

It was an impressive product.  Wrist trackers are a dime-a-dozen.  

Best Answer
I haven't been able to sync my One since 8/29, so I've been wearing my Flex
daily. I found a holder from a 3rd party on Amazon so I can wear it on my
waistband. It's reasonably accurate as far as I can tell. However, the
original Flex is no longer available. I don't know how the Flex 2 or other
models would do. I was really happy with the One and with customer support
from Fitbit until this issue developed. Now I guess I'll have to explore
other options.
Best Answer

I have been using the Fitbit One since it was first introduced and mine has been lost and replaced three times.  For me, it is sad that Fitbit has discontinued their ONLY full feature (regarding activity and sleep monitoring) clip style device.  Sorry, the Zip lacks too many features for me.  

It seems Fitbit has limited it's focus of higher end options to wrist bands and watches.  This choice by Fitbit rejects two population groups.  First, someone who wants a full featured monitor but can not wear anything on their wrists, possibly due to the type of work they do and secondly, those that use a watch that is highly integrated with their other electronics.  Sorry, just can't see myself wearing two watches..

When I can use a watch, I use a watch that is integrated into a system with my phone, tablet, laptop and computer - far beyond anything Fitbit has to offer.  I continued using my Fitbit One due to it's consistently better accuracy and reliability regarding monitoring my physical activity, even though most of the functions are claimed to be available either my watch or phone.  Since I choose not to wear 2 watches once my current Fitbit One dies/gets lost, I guess I will need to look for a different brand activity monitor and I will give away my Aria scale and other Fitbit accessories.  It is sad that other than the limited functioning Zip, Fitbit has abandoned the basics that it's reputation is based on - providing a top quality, accurate and reliable activity monitor. 

Best Answer
I agree with everything! I too have the aria and am not interested in their wrist products.
I hope that the Fitbit people are reading all of these posts and see they will loose many loyal customers

Sent from my iPhone 😉
Best Answer

So I just purchased a new Fitbit One that I received just days ago. I had no info when I spent the $106 that I was buying something that would soon be discontinued. I really do need to use a clip model as I have lymphedema and cannot wear a wrist tracker, but it's important to me that I have sleep info...it is one of the main reasons I use a fitness tracker. When will support for my new Fitbit One end?

Besides that, I updated my iPad to IOS 11 earlier this week...everything was working fine with the new Fitbit One on my Fitbit IOS app and on my PC...but mid-day today (9/23/17) both the PC web-based info and the IOS app stopped working properly. They report only calories burned--no step info, distance info, or exercise calories. The apps say I do not have a paired device. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall, but without success.

Best Answer

I have not tested one, but went to the MisFit web site today and was very impressed.  I also chatted with someone who was very helpful.  This definitely improved the probability I will shift my business to MisFit in the future.  One thing I want to have is stairs, so will have to decide if I can live without this.  

When chatting with MisFit, I asked if they had many people who had been contacting them given the problems with the App and the battery life on the One, and then One being discontinued.  They indicated their chat traffic has increased substantially and they are selling more product to upset Fitbit users.  The clip on the Shine2 is one of the reasons.

I don't know if I will be going to Garmin, MisFit of something else.  I do know I'm looking at others, I would have never looked at before and finding I should have likely been doing more of this.  If either Garmin or MisFit, are watching the trends of what they are getting calls on, they should quickly come with something like we used to have in the One.

I will choose a company that has a mission and culture of improving health and fitness where they do business.   Fitbit dropping the One is an indication Fitbit may have lost or are losing this.  With a VP of marketing coming from the video game industry, he may be driving things for what worked with people who want continually changing and updated video games, versus a truly reliable durable useful platform or product that can stand the test of time for a dedicated group of foundational users and customers.

Best Answer

I am curious about those who cherish the stairs count with the One.  I live in a very flat topography (Gulf Coast) and I have a one story home where I stay at home most days.  So, I don't have a lot of opportunities to climb flights unless I seek them out.  I have noticed, though, that the One will give me several flights of stairs credits (usually 6) when I do big cross-city drives.  I can only figure this is because of overpasses that I'm traversing.  Does anyone else get false stair flights from driving on freeways or bonafide hills?

Best Answer
If the Fitbit One is secure while I am driving, such clipped to my pants pocket, I have not had a problem.  If I leave it in the coffee cup holder where it can roll back and forth, it sees it as being physically active and counts the rolls (and stairs if you go up and down due to overpasses.  The worst inaccuracy I have seen was while working on a treadmill when a major storm front came through.  Since the stairs apparently use a delicate barometer to measure altitude change, the rapid pressure drop of the weather front credited me with over 50 flights of stairs while on the treadmill!  

I was in touch with Fitbit, asking if there is any way to delete that credit.  They stated that since companies use the data for health perks/competitions they did not allow any user adjustments to stairs, steps, etc. due to the potential of abuse.  I pointed out that only allowing a reduction to fix wrongly credited activity would be highly unlikely to be abused, since it would be the opposite of what most cheaters would want.  If someone is interested in faking the monitor to show increased activity readings for any of these products, it is very easy, especially with the bands or watches - i.e. an extreme example would be to put the band/watch on a watch winder for a pendulum style autowinding watch (cost about $20 on Amazon), it's alternating direction of movement records just like a very fast walk.
Best Answer
Here is the corporate office phone number in San Francisco California
415-513-1000
We should call to voice our upset with not having the ONE!

Sent from my iPhone 😉
Best Answer

How interesting, but strange!  Well, my One is always clipped onto my bra, whether I'm walking, running, or driving, and yet I get the false flights of stairs when driving across the city.  It doesn't matter too much to me, since that's not a metric I really care about.  But I can see how those who do care would want an accurate read!

Best Answer

@L1999 wrote:

Does anyone else get false stair flights from driving on freeways or bonafide hills?

I haven't paid attention to stairs climbed when in the car. I know on my bicycle when I'm on a long uphill climb, that I'm credited for stairs, which I think is fine since I'm burning calories while gaining altitude.

Now, when I'm on my motorcycle then things get wild. The rougher the road, the more steps I'm credited for as well as floors for the uphill grades. My options are to start and stop the timer to flag this as an activity, which I never remember to do, or get creative. Since I'm a programmer, I export my GPS track log, extract the times I was on the motorcycle, determine the activity start and stop times, and then use the Fitbit API to insert a Motorcycle activity which removes the steps and stairs climbed. It works great.

So my suggestion to back out your invalid steps and stairs is to manually create an activity for the times you're driving and classify this as a Driving activity. I think those spurious counts will then be debited. Try it.

Best Answer

I never get credit for stairs I didn't climb.  I drive ito and from work over an 1800 foot pass to nearly sea level.  My device is usually in a pants or shirt pocket. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, that's incredible!  I guess there is something off about mine.  I know it's the drive because sometimes I will literally drive 20 miles in to pick up my child, and without getting out of the car, drive back 20 miles home.  Upon returning, I've logged 6 flights of stairs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I must say this is hugely disappointing.  I have been wearing a Fitbit about 5 years.  I have bought at least 4 in that time due to losing, washing, etc.  I got several friends to get the Fitbit one and most recently my wife. 

She lost hers yesterday, and in search of a replacement found this post.    I am surprised at this and that no serious alternative is being offered.  If anything should be discontinued, its the zip.  I have no interest in wrist based products.

I have been a huge "Fitbit guy" and supporter (I own the Aria scale as well), but for the first time in half a decade, I have to start looking for alternatives.  Fitbit...please listen to your customers...bring it back (or make it better and bring it back)!!

Best Answer
Thanks. We should flood them with calls!
Best Answer

Only thing I can confused that The Zip doesn't track floors but get rid the One that does...why? If my One in the future breaks I hope Fitbit will create something similar with a clip on, with all the details of tracking steps to floors. It was a great product and I even gift to my partner who doesn't wear watches loves it.

I currently use the Fitbit One
Best Answer