Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605
Thank you for post

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Since I started this post and seen all the other posts. I am planning on PRINTING each post and mailing them to Mr. Friedman. I hope seeing all the printed posts will make them take notice.
I have called the office in San Francisco and left a message in there general mailbox.
Thank you everyone for posting and hopefully they will sit up and take notice.
Shirley

Sent from my iPhone 😉
Best Answer

Thank you for the investor email address. I have sent in my comment. Now I just hope they pay attention!

Best Answer
Fantastic idea.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
What I was hoping to convey in my last post was that we know there are many unhappy about the One not being on the market, including me.

We are not abanding the One. I’m hoping that most have working Ones and we will be here to help should you need it.

Many do wear wrist-based trackers in their pocket, or with a 3rd party clip, though this is not the intended placement and it is possible there may be differences in accuracy. Currently, we continue to offer the Zip as a clip based alternative.

Unfortunately, we don’t comment on future releases so there is not much that I say about any product that hasn’t been announced. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
Kate,

You do realize that the Zip is not an equivalent alternative to the One, dont you?
Best Answer
So you say you will continue to provide support for the one, that isn't true! Provide a fix to the battery dying issue that happened with your last software upgrade, then we might believe Fitbit can put their money where their mouth is. Until then the majority of us are looking at other solutions and we will not go with Fitbit. Remember when you do something wrong the word spreads! We are unhappy customers, please listen.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Once again, from one who has had a Zip, it is NOT a viable alternative to the One!!

Best Answer

Thank you, Shirley.  That would be very helpful, I hope.  There are so many of us who want the clip on tracker that also has an altimeter for tracking flights of stairs.  The One seems to be unique as far as I can see. 

Best Answer
Hey guys! Amazon let me backorder a new one from them- saying they would
get them Thursday- 2 days ago. Didn't believe it it shipped today from
Amazon not another seller for $98. I have a backup- yea!!!
Best Answer

This is NOT a resolution.  The ONE clients are not interested in the ZIP or the wrist products.  We want a product that is lower cost and is a clip on.  Don't need all the bells and whistles but we do need our:  Steps, Floors, Miles, Calories in one device that is a clip on and one that syncs up and holds it's battery.  I have been a PROUD owner of the Fitbit ONE since it came out and I am disappointed that it is being taken OFF the market without a compatible product to replace it.  My husband had the ZIP and hated it.  He has had the ONE also for many years.  We do not wear wrist trackers or watches.  These devices do not measure correctly and cannot be used in many professions.  Please bring our ONE back soon.

Best Answer

Kate@Fitbit..... So, due to the One not holding a charge, and syncing issues, (since Fitbit's last update) I was offered 25% off on another device (at that time I was unaware the One was being discontinued). Obviously, I have no desire for ANY kind of wrist device and am saying NO to the Zip. Will my (30 day) discount be good at any other time???? Like when a new clip on device comes out? Especially since it sounds like the problems many are having with their One is due to Fitbit's "problem" with the last update?  (yes folks I realize this is wishful thinking but I've purchased at least 4 devices directly through Fitbit) I would sure like to hang on to my discount!!!

Best Answer

Just echoing my disappointment.  I can only assume that the folks working at Fitbit assume everyone wants a smart watch.  The One is perfect and minimal and does everything I want.

Best Answer

This is crappy! Zip and Alta don’t have the features of the One. Get rid of bulky Zip that doesn’t do as much and keep One! 

Best Answer

I'm disappointed that you have discontinued the one. If I had known, I would have bought an extra one. Except for the fitbit Zip, which does not have the functionality that I need, all your trackers now must be worn on one's wrist. I get a rash when I wear anything on my wrist, so they won't work for me. 

Best Answer
So true!
Best Answer
0 Votes

What a shame-- the other waist clip product is larger and causes an ugly bulge on my waistband (I know, women!). The "One" was a perfect size. I have worn out (apparently, since I can' find why my current ONE no longer shows any text) two Fitbit Ones, have touted their superiority to everyone, and now I am out of luck. 

Best Answer

I love not having something on my wrist, so the ONE is great. Although it may not be as accurate. I was unable to download the update yesterday, but you say that Fitbit will continue to support? I hope so!

Best Answer

The discontinuation of the Fitbit One is disappointing.  Mine needs replacing after several years; I don't want to wear one on my wrist, and the Zip does not count stairs.  Will be looking at other brands...  thumbs down.  

Best Answer

Amazon sellers are charging almost double for the One. Close to $

@geepondy wrote:

Can you order from US Amazon site? Or ebay?

I believe Kate Fitbit is replying in good faith when she states the product is not being discontinued but I also can speak from experience in that sometimes even the reps are not notified if a product is being discontinued or replaced.

Best Answer
0 Votes