Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with FitBit One syncing exercise from MyFitnessPal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the past week my FitBit One has stopped registering my exercise entered into MyFitnessPal. It registers steps and all the other metrics, but it has stopped registering progress against my Exercise Goals section, even though it is entered in MyFitnessPal. I have a 5 day exercise goal and it has stopped registering any progress against this goal, even once completed for the past week.

Any ideas on what is causing this and what the fix may be? I have already unlinked and relinked my two accounts without success.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Graciel73, welcome to our Fitbit Community. In this case is not your tracker the source of this issue, since the way it syncs the information is through the Fitbit account. 

I have replicated the same scenario you mentioned, and the same happened to me, the exercises from MFP were not going through my Fitbit account, so my goal wasn't updating. I removed the link from both account; with MFP account and with Fitbit. after reconnect my two accounts using MFP app settings the exercise synced and my goal was updated. However you already tried this, but I wonder if you removed the link from both accounts?

Removed link.png

When I revoked the access only from My Fitbit account, it did not worked. It was only until I went to MFP to disconnect the app in order to completely removed the link in both accounts.

Keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Graciel73, welcome to our Fitbit Community. In this case is not your tracker the source of this issue, since the way it syncs the information is through the Fitbit account. 

I have replicated the same scenario you mentioned, and the same happened to me, the exercises from MFP were not going through my Fitbit account, so my goal wasn't updating. I removed the link from both account; with MFP account and with Fitbit. after reconnect my two accounts using MFP app settings the exercise synced and my goal was updated. However you already tried this, but I wonder if you removed the link from both accounts?

Removed link.png

When I revoked the access only from My Fitbit account, it did not worked. It was only until I went to MFP to disconnect the app in order to completely removed the link in both accounts.

Keep me posted how it goes.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have read many issues with this mfp and fitbit one. My mom and I are now having the same issue and have tried diconnecting the fitbit tracker from mfp and restarting the phone, but we cannot get it to disconnect. Is there something we can try? If we go on the computer and disconnect the fitbit tracker is it possible that will work. This problem started 11/29 exactly.thanks for any advise!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Molee, good to see you around. I wonder if you tried to removed the link on MyFitnessPal also as I mentioned in my previous post? If this is not working from the mobile phone, I strongly suggest to try this on a computer.

Let me know if using a computer works to resolved the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well remaining mfp on the computer worked for my mom's issue with fitbit
not syncing, but when I did it in the computer, My fitbit is still not
syncing my steps with mfp. So I'm going to chalk it up to its my phone
that's messing it all up. My mom has a newer phone and I have an older
model. But that's what happened.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution is not working for me. After disconnecting on both sides and reconnecting both, exercises in Myfitnesspal are not syncing in Fitbit. Everything else is syncing.

Still searching for an answer.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Molee and thank you for the update about this issue. Good to see you around too @chucksings. I'm sorry for not posting anything lately and thank you as well for trying to disconnect your accounts with not positive results.

I've seen many users need to do this procedure twice to make it work, so it wont hurt to try to disconnect and reconnect your accounts again if the issue persists. 

If you're still experiencing a syncing issue, please reach out to MFP so they can assist to get more help: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new

See you around. For anything else keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I wanted to update my status. I got a new phone and now my fitbit and
mfp are talking again. Not that everyone should get a new phone, but it
was not working with my galaxy 3.
Best Answer

Hello @Molee, thank you for the update  and I'm glad to hear by getting a new phone the issue was resolved, probably the OS of your older phone did not allow to run the most recent versions either of MFP or Fitbit app, it will explain why you were having these issues. The important here is that you are back on track.

Hope to see you around and stay awesome!

Best Answer
0 Votes