Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lifetime of new One in the box

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a 4+ year old One and just got a brand new One as a gift. Will it last a long time in the box? Trying to decide if I should try to return or keep it to replace my old one when it eventually dies! I love my Fitbit and wear it all the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums!

I do not know the life time of the one in the box. But I would keep it. 4 Years is a good long time for your old one. But I wouldn't expect it to last more than another year if that long.

Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the forums!

I do not know the life time of the one in the box. But I would keep it. 4 Years is a good long time for your old one. But I wouldn't expect it to last more than another year if that long.

Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@CaliforniaGram I hope you're doing well! If you are not using the new One and it is still on the box and you haven't charged it; it should last a long time. Try not to leave it there for too long as Fitbit trackers are designed to be worn for fitness purposes. 

Maybe you can give your old One as a gift and start using the new one! If you decide to do that; follow the steps to set it up as a replacement for you to not loose any of your previous data!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thanks so much. That is exactly what I was wondering... If I basically didn't touch the new one would it stay "fresh". I will keep it in a cool dry place as my reserve Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CaliforniaGram Thanks for your reply! That's correct! It should stay "fresh"! Smiley Very Happy 

That sounds good, if you keep it in a dry and cool place it should last as new. You shouldn't experience any issues with it once you decide to start using it!

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

@CaliforniaGram,

Just for reference, if you do part of the way through the restart of a Fitbit One, but omit the last step (pushing the button to turn on the screen), your Fitbit One would be effectively off and will keep its charge for significantly longer.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer