Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long wait for support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I'm on my eight day waiting for Fitbit support to respond/resolve to my request for help. According to Twitter they seem to have a high volume of support requests at the moment. What is the estimated waiting time?
Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Ok, but this Community is also about fellow fitbitters trying to help one another. If you give us an idea of what the problem is, perhaps someone here would be able to help while your awaiting an answer from Support.

TW

Best Answer
My One has not properly synced all days which I know for certain I have been wearing the device. I would like to somehow force a new sync with that will include the data or extract it in some other manner. @FitbitSupport on Twitter suggested I plug it into the charger in my computer, and then restart it. But it did not help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Gorgon. What device or devices are you attempting to sync your Fitbit One with?

If a computer, please tell us more. Is it a Windows 10 PC or earlier version of Windows? Or is it Mac and if so, which operating system version are you running?

If you're also attempting to sync with other devices (smarphones, iPad, iPod...) please specificy.

For your One to sync with a computer, you need to have Fitbit Connect or the Fitbit app (depending on which Operating System you have) installed; and you need to have the fitbit dongle plugged into a USB port on your computer.

71hckD5nbYL._SL1500_.jpg 

Fitbit Dongle

You mentioned in your post about failed attempts at restarting your Fitbit One. Here are the instructions from the Help area on how to restart your Fitbit One: Please click here Restart. Be prepared to have to repeat the process two or three times if need be, as it does not always work the first time. You will know that you have successfully restarted your Fitbit One when this appears on your One's display: Fitbit 6.60.

Hope this helps. Please give us an update.

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to sync with one Mac and one iOS device.

The Mac is an iMac running OS X 10.11.2 (15C50) with the Dongle attached (this is the computer the Dongle is connected to every day normally). Fitbit Connect application (version 2.0.0.6563) is saying: "Your tracker is already up to date!"

The iOS device is an iPhone 5 running iOS 9.2 (13C75) with the Fitbit app version 2.18 (460).

When I wrote "… then restart it. But it did not help" I meant that restarting the device did not help improve the situation. I did not mean I failed to restart the device.

Edited because the forum software killed all paragraph breaks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Gorgon. Here what I would suggest.

1. Turn off the Bluetooth signal on your phone.
  2. Delete Fitbit Connect from your Mac and go to http://www.fitbit.com/setup. Scroll down and click the pink button which should already show Download for Mac - if not, please make sure to select Fitbit Connect for Mac. Your current version of Fitbit Connect is outdated-- the latest version is 2.0.1.6757.

About restarting, I didn't mean to imply that you failed at doing anything. All I meant to point out is that unless you saw Fitbit 6.60 on your One's display, the restart was not successful. Did you see that on your display?

Hope this helps. Let us know what happens.

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turns out I was running 2.0.1.6757 anyway. Fitbit reports two version for some reason. It returns 2.0.1.6757 if I select the application and press the space bar (which launches the quick preview feature) but it shows 2.0.0.6563 if I use the File > Get info… functionality. Which is somewhat odd.

Anyway, I uninstalled and installed the Fitbit application and restarted the computer just to be sure. No progress to be seen on the missing data.

Yes, I did see "FITBIT 6.60" on the display.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok @Gorgon. Let's set aside the missing data for now. Is your One syncing or not? Do you see you dashboard and current data? If affirmative, then which missing data are you referring to? Are you missing data elements or all data for specific days? How far back?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gorgon wrote:

Turns out I was running 2.0.1.6757 anyway. Fitbit reports two version for some reason. It returns 2.0.1.6757 if I select the application and press the space bar (which launches the quick preview feature) but it shows 2.0.0.6563 if I use the File > Get info… functionality. Which is somewhat odd.

Anyway, I uninstalled and installed the Fitbit application and restarted the computer just to be sure. No progress to be seen on the missing data.

Yes, I did see "FITBIT 6.60" on the display.

And after uninstalling and reinsalling Fitbit Connect, do you still get two different versions as you described above?

TW

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is missing complete days. AFAICT never parts of days.

A couple of days from late december are missing.

A couple of days from january are missing.

The days which have synced have synced correctly and I see no discreprancies or oddities (the number of steps, distance, stairs line up pretty well with reality).

I have not been travelling outside my time zone or country (IOW have not triggered any date/time changes).

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is an odd one @Gorgon, I must admit.

My best guess is that your One was not functioning properly on those particular days that never showed up on your dashboard and here's why I lean in that direction. Your Fitbit One tracker will retain data for a whole 30 days, seven of which (the most recent days) will be full minute-by-minute data; and the daily totals only for prior days. So if you were able to successfuly sync your One following anyone of those missing days and the data didn't show up, then the answer is that your One was not recording anything. Why? Well, it could be that it was not functioning properly or else the battery was depleted. Either way, there is no way to recover those missing days. 

On those days where no data sync'd, can you remember if you actually saw any data on your Fitbit One's dispaly? Do you know for sure whether or not the One was recording on those days.

I'm still puzzled about the two version of Fitbit Connect. I just repeated the same steps you outlined in your post and the two versions of Fitbit Connect are the same for both methods. Do you only have one account with www.fitbit.com? Aside from your Mac computer, are you using other devices to sync your Fitbit One?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The reason I am turning to this forum to ask why it is taking so long for Fitbit support to respond is that I am afraid I will lose data permanently because of the 30-day limit. When I first sent them my message some data was still within the 7-day limit and all within the 30-day limit.

I remember one day (January 1st) when I looked at my One because I was walking in very uneven terrain and I was curious to see how many stairs (equivalently) I had climbed. It showed data which AFAICT agreed with my own perception of how much I had walked that day. In other words, that day I remember it working fine, but the data is missing. I do have properly synced data from December 30 and 31 and January 2.

I only have one account. And as I mentioned earlier, I also have an iPhone which I use to sync with the One occasionally.

Version discreprancy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again @Gorgon. On those particular days where the data is missing, can you please check your Activity Log and see if you've logged any activities manually by any chance? Note that if you used the GPS tracking functionality of your iPhone to track your steps, this would also result in a separate log; and both would overlay the actual data recorded by your Fitbit One.

As for the Fitbit Connect app version number issue, in my case both numbers are exactly the same. So I have no clue as to what's going on here. It looks as if you have two versions of Fitbit Connect installed, which I didn't think was doable. 

TW

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not logged anything since November 26. I don't log activities manually and that activity was logged as a mistake. I did not use any other app to log my walks those days, though I occasionally use Runkeeper on my iPhone which I have never experienced any Fitbit incompatibilities with. I have not connected Fitbit and Runkeeper in any way.

Activity log.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For what it's worth, here is a screen shot of part of the conversation I had with @FitbitSupport on Twitter on January 11 and 12.

Skärmavbild 2016-01-19 kl. 23.51.49.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm sorry to bump this topic, but I am desperately looking for someone who can help me with this. Fitbit support have provided less than nothing.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Does anyone here know how to get a decently timely response from Fitbit?
Best Answer
0 Votes