Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a ONE?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm an avid walker and love the ONE because it is more accurate than wrist trackers, its small and inconspicuous, attaches to your waist band or in your pocket, AND provides elevation/stairs. 

Since Fitbit discontinued them, I'm looking for other options and wondered what others are doing?

Has anyone tried the Charge 2 by removing the band and putting in your pocket? Is it much bigger than then the ONE? Does the button get pushed while in your pocket and cause problems? What about other brands - I see their are Garmin models that have GPS, anyone tried them?

Obviously wrist bands are more popular but they are not very accurate, Fitbit has to rely on different algorithms to try and replicate actual distance, steps, etc. because the devices are on your wrist and not on/near your hip. Your hip is the most accurate and repeatable way for an accelerometer to monitor your steps and movement - that is what fitbit/trackers use for motion sensing. 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Before Fitbit I used Omron. Its Pedometer is very accurate. I might go back to it.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Bring the One Back! 

Best Answer

When my One does eventually die, I will probably buy the Charge 2 if I cannot find something similar to the One, and wear it on my ankle. From what I understand Amazon sells ankle holders for the Charge 2 and their accuracy is excellent wearing it that way.

Best Answer
Thanks, Had not thought of the ankle option
Best Answer

I too am keen to get a Fitbit one as I've had mine for several years but it's finally expired. I want elevation/stairs plus an accurate record of my movements and sleep in the form of something I can slip in my pocket not have to wear as I already have a watch which I don't want to replace with a wrist tracker.

If anyone knows of any brand in the UK that offers these benefits I'd feel obliged to change.

Best Answer

When my One dies, I plan on buying the Charge 2, removing the band and putting it in the ankle holder found on Amazon. 

https://www.amazon.com/Reflective-Fitbit-Charge-Activity-Tracker/dp/B01N3QRYN9/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qi...

It's very accurate worn this way and gives you stairs as well as steps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I'll have a look at that option. At least I can stay with Fitbit which is what my preference is.

Best Answer
0 Votes

boy just looked on line out of curiosity  for  the one this is what I found  crazy

More buying choices for

Fitbit One Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker, Black

Price + Shipping

$228.94
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree!! The discontinuation of the One is awful.  I do not like the wristbands and the recommendation to use the zip which is a HUGE step down is simply not acceptable.  I suppose when this Fitbit dies I will be leaving Fitbit - My first Fitbit lasted 3 years and then I went through a series  of 4-5 for problems not synching and other irritating problems.  Kinda knew they were abandoning the One although calls to Fitbit denied it......as recently as last month.  They do not listen to their customers.....between this and the continuation of the placement of the stupid community feed instead of your friends has now moved me to abandon 'brand loyalty'  Too bad - not only did I have a Fitbit but I got all my friends and family on Fitbit Ones as well.  Don't know what to tell them now except to move to other products.  SMH.

Best Answer

@Vivianmarie wrote:

between this and the continuation of the placement of the stupid community feed instead of your friends has now moved me to abandon 'brand loyalty'  

What? Your friends are still there. Tap on the different tabs. 

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes