Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Fitbit Tracking Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Totally confused right now. Lost my new Fitbit One about a week ago. Looked everywhere and even downloaded an app to find Bluetooth enabled devices and retraced my steps. No luck. Yesterday I opened my Fitbit app out of curiosity and noticed that it had been tracking some steps everyday. Not nearly as many as I was taking, but quite a bit. Wouldn't I have to be near the device for it to sync like this? It synced when I was nowhere near where I lost it. And the battery should be dead by now anyway. What's going on?
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It will still sync if it comes within range of a computer with the software installed and the wireless dongle in place. Note this doesn't mean that someone has access to your account or data.

My One can last up to 2 weeks without a charge so I'm not sure if this means someone is charging it.

If someone has found it and using it they will be able to see the daily stats on the One but will not have access to the dashboard or any data for previous days. If they set up their own account and add the One it will delete any data on it and reassign it to their account so it will disappear from yours.

Could it have been lost in a car where the movement might be generating some steps?

Best Answer
Very helpful information! I've checked my car, but I will check again.
Seems like the most likely scenario!
Best Answer

Welcome to our Community @Jenny3927! It's great to see you here! Smiley HappyI noticed @SteveH  provided you with great help. I'd like to add that if you're not able to find your tracker you can try contacting our Customer Support team and let them know about this so they can provide you with a good solution for this.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes