Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malfunctioning Search For Logging Activities

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok, I looked at the original question and posted there first. (logging activities: search does nothing)

Not seeing any solution other than a posted list, is there a fix for this problem? Since the original posting is a year old and my issue just started a couple days ago, am I correct in assuming this problem hasn't been fixed? My issue is search doesn't pull up anything! I've updated my One hoping that would correct the problem but it hasn't. How do we fix this? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello there @pocketbird4, good to see you around. I wonder where are you have problems to look your exercises? Is thought the web-Dashboard or through the mobile app?

If is your mobile app I recommend a force quit, which may vary depending of the device but the most easy procedure is to log out from your Fitbit app and restart your phone. Once your phone or mobile device has loaded, log back in to your app and try again. 

Also remember that you can use your online Dashboard to search your exercise in case the app is failing.

Let me know more details and I'm sure we can find a solution together.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I'm going to my dashbroad via my laptop. I've been using it since November 2015. Up until a couple days ago I would go to the search box and start to type in 'gardening' or 'treadmill' for example and it would pull it up and I would put in my start time, duration etc. Now when I do that, the search just spins and pulls nothing up! I've started logging my activity by clicking on the little stopwatch to the right of the words 'Activities Log'. It takes a few seconds longer this way as I'm referring to the original post regarding this to look at the list of activities that Fitbit has listed. I just know that the search feature is no longer working. 😞

Best Answer

I am having the same issue that @pocketbird4 is having, and this just started a couple of days ago as well. I manually log many of my workouts (e.g. kickboxing) and I usually go into the search box under 'Common Activities' and start typing 'kickboxing' etc, and the search would pull it up and give me a selection of matching activities to choose from. Now it just spins and spins and nothing happens. For activities/workouts I've already done, I can still go to 'Most Logged' and pull up previously logged activities and duplicate them, but this does not work for new activities - e.g. I'd like to enter kayaking in, however when I try and search for it in the search box, it just spins and spins and searches and nothing happens.

Can something be done to fix this? I have tried on my Dashboard on multiple laptops/computers and the same thing happens. I do not have the Fitbit App as I do not have smartphone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, hello there @pocketbird4 and welcome aboard @Kimberly31. Thank you for letting me know more details about this issue. This is very weird but I will look closely this issue. I have tried this on my Dashboard and it worked, so I recommend in the meantime, clearing your browser's cache. Directions on how to clear your cache on a variety of browsers can be found here: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, didn't fix it! I was hoping..........:-(

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @pocketbird4, thank you for keep me posted the result of clearing the cache.

Other advice would be to use other web browser to see if it happen there.

One last recommendation now if the issue persist is take moment to reach out to our Support Team and let them know of your efforts to troubleshoot the issue and what you've already done. I have full faith that they will be able to advise you of the next steps after reviewing your device history with you to determined if this is a glitch affecting your Dashboard.

I'm sure sure this will be resolved and let me now if you have more questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just thought you would like to know, the search option started working again today. Don't know why as I haven't done anything to my laptop or made any changes on my account. But at least my problem has resolved itself!

Best Answer