Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit's stair count is out on contol for the past 2 weeks

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
It's always been pretty accurate with my stair count, but for the past two weeks it's been out of control. I had over 140 in one day.... How can I correct it moving forward??
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

A warm welcome to the Community @s_m_wYour tracker detects floors using an altimeter, which is a sensor that calculates altitude based on atmospheric pressure. Atmospheric pressure decreases with increasing elevation, so the tracker calculates elevation gain based on the reduction in atmospheric pressure. Your tracker registers a floor when it detects continuous motion combined with an elevation gain of 7 to 10 feet. 

Your tracker may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Occasionally your tracker may detect pressure changes unrelated to elevation gains, such as a gust of wind, weather change, or opening a door. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors being counted. This happens if the pathway to the altimeter on the back of your tracker becomes temporarily blocked with sweat or water. We recommend that your tracker be worn loosely during exercise. If you want to remove floors from your account, go to:http://fitbit.link/delete

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes