Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New One 6.64 not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just opened a brand new Fitbit One and updated it to 6.64. However, it is now no longer responsive.

I've tried

• pressing the button when it is charging, no response
  • unplugging the device from the charging cable and holding for 10-12 seconds, but still a black screen
  • the phone app indicates the battery is still full

Please advise. Was really looking forward to this to be functioning. Thanks! 

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

I have exactly the same issue with a brand new Fitbit one - keen to understand how this can be resolved.

Best Answer

Same here - keen to know solution

Best Answer

Hello @meemsme  and @AngelaPearsall  have you tried a restart by placing the One into it's powered up charger and then holding in the button for 10 -12 seconds. I prefer to go 15 though.

Best Answer

Tried RESTART hundred times, even holding the button for more than 20seconds but nothing happened. It's dead, black. Only shows FITBIT 6.64 and full battery.

Best Answer

This is a software issue. Fitbit did this on purpose. 

Such a shame. If they don't acknowledge there is a software issue and fix it, I will never buy another Fitbit again, and I will tell all my friends/family and whoever else I can find and tell them what Fitbit has done.

Best Answer

I'm still wondering what the issue is, you say your new One shows Doubt 6.64 when restarting. This shows a successful restart and that the tracker is working, but then it is said to not work with no information on what is not working about the unit.

It is mentioned that it is not responsible but we are told the unit does respond to a restart.

What is it that doesn't respond?

Best Answer

Absolutely right and 100% agree with you.

Fitbit is trying to sell more products with this firmware/update 6.64.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue As I mentioned on sunday, "Tried RESTART hundred times, even holding the button for more than 20seconds but nothing happened. It's dead, black. Only shows FITBIT 6.64 and full battery."

@Rescue141x is absolutely correct. Fitbit should do something to solve the problem.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue Why don't you read other thread titled "One - Update 6.64 Not Working"

Best Answer

6.64 had been out for over a year and Fitbit stopped selling the Fitbit One about 2 years ago. That's why I ask what do you mean, if the display dies when removed from the charger it most likely is a dead battery.

As for Fitbit they stopped selling the One over a year before 6.64 was released.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue When I put in One into charger and plugged in to Restart pushing the button for 10-20sec then shows FITBIT 6.64 and Full Battery. Took out One from the charger after 12/20sec, black and dead nothing happen.  This is the issue for many many One users after update 6.64.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue if battery is dead as you said, FITBIT 6.64 with Full Battery should not appers when trying to Restart.

Best Answer

A restart process can only be done while the fitbit One is in its charger and charging,  the power is from an eternal source and not the internal battery. 

With a battery failure the battery level could be giving a false reading. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue What 'eternal source' means? Of course Restart as instucted but not work as I said so many times.  Are you insane?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When the Fitbit One is in its charger and charging the power source is coming from the charger. That is why the tracker goes on while it is charging.  The reason the tracker turns off when removed from its charger is because the external battery is not able to power the unit.

The fact that we know that the battery is not very good will also explain why the battery level indicator is off.

Best Answer

I had left my Fitbit ONE at 6.60 it was still working great (with a long battery life) until I accidentally got some salt water in it (a few weeks ago).

If you manage to get a replacement Fitbit One don't ever upgrade the software.

Fitbit the company should be ashamed at the horrible service and complete lack of customer support.

- Fitbit One should have never been canceled without a proper replacement

- When the software upgrade to 6.64 was obviously destroying units there should have been a quick release of working software or they should have withdrawn the bad software from the app.  The fact they haven't done either clearly shows they are either malicious or incompetent.

- The Fitbit Inspire HR should still have a clip mode even if there is no clip for it (people have pockets after all)

- All the feedback of the Fitbit Inspire models seems to suggest they are inaccurate at tracking steps (probably because it's the wrist) and 5 days of battery is horrible compared to the One.

Garbage service from a now garbage company.

Best Answer

@Snowcrasher Absolutely correct and I agree with you 100%. Fitbit doesn't do anything to resolve the problem, and ignoring customers despite so many One users suffering and complaining.

Terrible irresposible company, yes garbage, is the FITBIT.

Best Answer

@Snowcrasher I've been looking for information on what specifically changed with the 6.64 firmware and I've found this message from Fitbit stating it improves syncing and battery life. Reading this announcement, stating it's new ability to turn off real-time sync is perhaps part of the problem. I turned this off after installing 6.64 and after replacing the battery recently (04/04) with a new one from eBay, it's rocking with the 6.64 updates, so far 2 weeks on one charge and still showing half-charged and syncing awesomely (just not real time, it does it periodically or when I click sync). It's possible the firmware added strain to our existing dying lipo batteries, though they'll die eventually regardless.

Unsure if you'll be able to recover yours from the saltwater bath, though it's possibly worth attempting. Mine survived a full laundry cycle, and still worked! 🙂 Until you get a tracker working, you might want to check out MobileSync which will let you use your phone to track steps. It's free, even for people who don't have Fitbit trackers and allows tracking on the dashboard and in challenges. It's also a great tool for when a tracker is misplaced or forgotten. I'd recommend checking it out.

Agreed, the One's got a great fanbase and it's unfortunate the company decided to no longer make this model. Unsure if the "inspire" works just popping into pockets like the original one, but I'd imagine it would work, especially if putting it in the jeans' watch holder of pants, as that's approximately where the clip would attach. 

Perhaps someday Fitbit will bring the One back as Fitbit "classic" or make it smaller or flashier and call it a Fitbit two 😉 I wish I'd bought a few refurbished ones from TigerDirect or Groupon when they were liquidating them for $29, but instead, fortunately, I was able to buy a new aftermarket battery and save mine from the inevitable electronic landfill ... Cheers! 😄 

Best Answer

@FBsue have you tried replacing the battery yet? It's definitely worth trying.

Until you get your tracker working, see if you can use MobileSync 🙂 Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes