Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New One 6.64 not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just opened a brand new Fitbit One and updated it to 6.64. However, it is now no longer responsive.

I've tried

• pressing the button when it is charging, no response
  • unplugging the device from the charging cable and holding for 10-12 seconds, but still a black screen
  • the phone app indicates the battery is still full

Please advise. Was really looking forward to this to be functioning. Thanks! 

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

I have several relatives running 6.64 with no problems,  at least until the one lost theirs. My one also had no problems upgrading.  

As for the inside HR, it will have problems reaching the heart rate while on a clip or pocket. Why not go for the Inspire?

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue Are you community legend? Seems a Fitbit salesman.

Best Answer

@AngelaPearsall Hi Angela, unsure if you've resolved this yet, though you mentioned it's a brand new Fitbit One. As this unit hasn't been manufactured for a while, you likely purchased new old stock, and this happens when the battery is dead. It's possible you bought a new unit that was stored for a few years and the battery is dead. I'd suggest seeing if you can exchange it, or if Fitbit will honor it within the one-year warranty with proof of purchase. Give support a try, otherwise, you'll have to repair it yourself. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As your aware of @FBsue  by tweeting on your reading or mine, you will see that this is simply a rank based on the amount of posts,  solutions and thanks that a person has made and received.

As for as being a salesman,  not result,  but myself  3 other family members,  Amy niece, various aunts, uncles, cousins, many coworkers, plus many people at the job sites have Fitbits

I meet and talk to fitbit owners weekly,  and rarely do I meet anyone that has problems. By rare I'm seeing maybe one or two a year but it took 3 years before I heard my first complaint.

Best Answer

I tried to recover mine and it will turn on after fully charged but dies within a half day.

What happened to the thread showing how to replace the battery on the One?   I had the page open and now I can't seem to find it?

Was it deleted?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Snowcrasher 

I replied to your battery questions in this thread and here too, (this thread, previous page) which I'm unsure you've seen.  All I've found in the forums are my pictures and those from one other user, who'd shared theirs as well. Strangely, one thread where I'd detailed the differences between my technique and the other user does appear to be missing. Maybe Fitbit deleted it, as they don't want us self-repairing? I'd assume they'd send a note if sharing that information was prohibited. Click the links above, and hopefully, they'll help. FWIW, my One is showing half-battery and into its 3rd week since charging. FYI: The [large] replacement battery I purchased is working for me better than the original, even when it was brand new. I used to get 10-14 days out of a charge. Cheers! 😄 

NOTE: There are different sized replacements, check before ordering!NOTE: There are different sized replacements, check before ordering!

PS. What kind of cat is that? Looks like Tabby / MaineCoon mix? Meow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Williger 

I had the page open to that other post that disappeared and a few days later when I refreshed it said that content was no longer available so Fitbit must have deleted it.  I will use your other post as well as youtube videos on battery replacement to attempt my own repair.   I was tempted to wash it out with fresh water and re-dry it again in rice, but I'm pretty sure the battery is now bad so that seems unproductive.  Until the incident, the battery was fine (It was purchased 3.5 years ago).

What also really pisses me off is I still have my Fitbit Ultra which I bought 7 years ago and which still works fine and Fitbit disabled syncing for those.   %$@#!

Re Avatar:  She's a Maine Coon (though that picture is from 2000 when young and she has since moved on - I should update with our current darling Maine Coon).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Snowcrasher 

It makes me very uncomfortable that Fitbit is censoring our forum chats without explanation. UNCOOL. I'd actually read the community guidelines before sharing 'how to fix' data, just in case. Wish they would've just deleted the posts and explained why and left the thread but ... **ahem**, I'm digressing. LOVE Fitbit and HATE Censorship.

Hopefully, this threads "acceptable" 😉 

Hope the post helps. I've got other pictures though reluctant to post w/o understanding what will be deleted or get me banned, so just ask any questions, and if they delete this thread, post a separate comment @'ing me so I may respond.

Don't flush your One with water, you'd risk further potential damage. Once opened, if you see corrosion on the PCB you can investigate cleaners, but as you mentioned, the battery is most likely either dead or loose from the circuit board. 

OMG too funny! I'd wondered the other day if Ultra users still existed 😉 That sucks about the sync. I think One and Zip came right after the Ultra, moving syncs to Bluetooth. Too bad it doesn't work, you could always give it to your cat 😛 

Sorry about your loss of Avatar. Cats are good people. Here are my feline friends, Charlie and Matilda. Cheers!
Laser focused on a Laser BeamLaser focused on a Laser Beam
PS. Fitbit, go ahead delete my cats. I dare ya! LOLOLOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

The thread "Fitbit One won't turn on but is fully charged" was completely deleted.

I'm baffled but I'll go away so no more threads about the One with helpful information disappear.

Best Answer

IKR! 😡 

That and other helpful multi-authored One threads unexplainedly got the FitBoot 🤯access-denied.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

How to %$%! off your customer base and erode goodwill 101 activity right here in these forums.

Mods - Stop deleting stuff!

Edit:   I just noticed that the banner on the One forum now states "This forum is available for customer-to-customer support, but isn’t actively monitored by Fitbit Moderators."  which is hilarious (and shameful) since they are obviously and maliciously deleting threads that are customer to customer support.

Best Answer

I'm having exactly the same problem with my Fitbit One. Blank screen - not working. 6.64 software. Full battery. Have restarted many times - no good.

Mine is a couple years old - not new.

Which to me sounds like a software problem

Best Answer

Resetting does not work

Best Answer

Mine is exactly the same

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. Just started today. It had been working fine. 

Update: I chatted with support. They told me it seemed like the display is no longer working. I explained that the display lights up when plugged in.  I had told them that it is syncing when it was unplugged and they said that’s a sign of the display not working. But after further review it doesn’t look like it is syncing. 

They offered me the same 25% discount on a new product. Not sure I’m interested since it doesn’t look like they sell the One or anything similar anymore.  I have an Apple Watch so I guess I’ll just be switching to that as my primary tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Williger @Snowcrasher @Mikev208 all One users

FITBIT is garbage company and never ever buy anything again.

Best Answer

Exactly the same problem - just stopped working after update. won't charge, won't sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Won't do anything but show battery is full & 6.64. I am so mad! 

Going to look at another tracker similar to the One. 

I need a clip on device and not a wrist device.

My Charge 2 is not working and neither is my One now. I'm done with Fitbit. This is CRAZY!

It worked GREAT BEFORE THE UPDATE! I updated it and it went wonky.

Best Answer

@Chrissy1  You can purchase a clip for the new Inspire (Not the Inspire HR) if you still want a clip on tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hmjo @Chrissy1 Your battery is probably dead. 6.__ firmware proceeded my battery dying too, only showing a false full-battery indication and the firmware revision momentarily while in the charger. It's amazing many of these trackers have lasted 5+ years!!

The One was one of Fitbit's first (and still one of the greatest) trackers! I'm psyched many still operate. For those with the dead battery, fortunately, there are aftermarket replacements available. Installation is as simple as attaching a couple of wires. If DIY isn't up your alley, you can probably find a friend familiar with using a soldering iron for the quick install?

Firmware 6.64 includes modifications to battery life. Unsure why it appears to make old batteries die, it makes new ones last for over 2 weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes