Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back Fitbit One

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wrist trackers are not for everyone.   Jonathan Oakes, please bring back the ONE in an updated version.

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

Welcome to the forums!

Have you Checked out the Inspire with the Clip? It is the One and I'm in love Heart

Inspire

Clip

Lets us know what you think!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Wendy, Thanks for sharing. I am a one user and this is wonderful news to hear.

Best Answer

Thank you so much!  I have tried several other fitbit but I just really like my One.  I bought my first one in Jan 2012 and have not missed many days of wearing it.  I have just recently quit wearing my Versa to go back to my One.  The One has been the most reliable and accurate device every.  How is the Inspire with counting steps and phone integration?  I wished there was a trade-in program

@WendyB wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

Have you Checked out the Inspire with the Clip? It is the One and I'm in love Heart

Inspire

Clip

Lets us know what you think!

Best Answer

@jul0125 

"How is the Inspire with counting steps and phone integration?"

I have been comparing as my one still works. They pretty much match. They have been off by some but its a small amount. But no device will match another

Sorry there is not a trade in program

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I agree, I was gifted a Charge 3...more information than I want or need, also the steps are off by at least 1000 steps a day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would really love to see the One back in an updated version too.

If I am well informed the Inspire and the HR do not count floors. In fact I think non of the new trackers actually do anymore. A secretly dying option?

So for me, unfortunately non of them can replace the One (and only Smiley Happy).

(Broken Fitbits One, Charge 2 and 3). Using Charge 4 and Garmin fēnix 6. App vs 4.16.1 Samsung Galaxy A52. Android 14
Best Answer

If fitbit won't bring back the One...how about making a holder that can attach to a waistband for more accurate step count.  My Charge 3 will count floors, but the steps are very inaccurate, even though I made the arm I wear it on my "dominate" hand, even though it isn't.  Come on Fitbit, make your original users happy!!

Best Answer

@dojoben  Please read this thread above

One replacement

I really like mine and it looks just like the one in the Clip Holder

Community Council Member

Best Answer

The "Inspire" community board does not inspire me.

Best Answer

I am a One bigot. I am reading your posts on the Inspire and read that there is a clip but not a picture of it and the HR Inspire. I have gone through a few posts and the One has a huge following - I do not wear wristbands, watches, rings etc., But I feel just wrong without my fitbit one. I have a few that I'd like to have refurbished - do you know if that can be attempted?

Bring back the One and only true Fitbit!!

Best Answer

@udaman 

Inspire with Clip

It will not fit the HR sorry

I'm sorry but they are not repairable or refurbished

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Read the Inspire Community Board. It doesn't "Inspire" me.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

So the Inspire is the One replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I rest my case.

There only can be One...

(Broken Fitbits One, Charge 2 and 3). Using Charge 4 and Garmin fēnix 6. App vs 4.16.1 Samsung Galaxy A52. Android 14
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree! The Inspire doesn't count stairs and it can't be GPS tracked like the One can when connected to the phone app. It's a poor replacement and can't measure up to the One.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer

@udaman as you have a few nonworking ones, it's certainly worth attempting repairing, as if the installation doesn't go perfectly your first try, you have other units to restore (and potentially repair as backups after you get one 'one' working).

Batteries are around $12 with shipping from eBay and AliExpress. They are not manufactured by Fitbit, and installing them will violate the warranty, though I doubt anyone has a one that's still under warranty. Installation requires opening the tracker by first warming with a heat gun or hair dryer to loosen the glue, then prying the cover off with a small knife. The battery is soldered to the circuit board, replacing involves heating the solder to remove the old wires and adding the new ones. I'm no soldering expert (bought my soldering iron the same time as the battery), and installation went smoothly. Installed mine 04.04.19 and it showed 50% battery. Charged it up and it's been showing full charge since and syncing perfectly.

I'm really enjoying the new battery!

DIY restoration is our best option as Fitbit isn't making this awesome model anymore, and purchasing a used tracker or new old stock online will ultimately end up with the same problem of a dead battery. Good luck repairing! 😁

Best Answer
Thanks!Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner @Corr I agree with you both! 

Feel like shouting from the rooftops to others who love the one that there are battery replacements! I found an aftermarket battery for $12 including shipping from eBay (there are two models it seems if you search eBay and AliExpress, I'm unsure the differences). The case opens easily after warming with a heat gun and adding the battery just takes warming two solder points once you have the case open. You're not guaranteed it will work when DIY'ing your tracker, but for $12, it's worth the gamble my opinion. Aftermarket Battery from eBayAftermarket Battery from eBayCircuit board battery connectionCircuit board battery connectionOtherwise, you just have a dead tracker doing nothing. Cheers! 😎

Best Answer

The "Inspire" is a new product. It is NOT a replacement. If I say more I
may get booted off.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer