Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back Fitbit One

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wrist trackers are not for everyone.   Jonathan Oakes, please bring back the ONE in an updated version.

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

I agree 100% I still have my fitbit one I bought in 2014. It is hard to find the clip and the sleep band.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Amazon Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My One is still going strong (knock wood.) As for the clips, check Amazon
or ebay. I recently got a three pack from Amazon. It isn't "the company's"
but does the trick. I don't wear the wrist device.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H9WRX2J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

--
Moderator edit: Removed personal information

"I live to laugh, and I laugh to live." Milton Berle
"the most wasted of all days is the one without laughter" ee cummings

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found good clip holder bought three and a good sleep band if interested let me know. 

Brung back the Fitbit One.

To Fitbit: think of when Coke changed their formula. People clamored and now there is ia Coke Classic. Need I say more: bring back the Fitbit One!

Best Answer

The "Inspire" is New Coke.

--

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:
I agree! The Inspire doesn't count stairs and it can't be GPS tracked like the One can when connected to the phone app. It's a poor replacement and can't measure up to the One.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

You can use the app just like you did with your One.  This is a feature known as MobileRun.  In fact, you don't even need a tracker to use MobileRun.  I do need to point out that if you use MobileRun for a walk, you should disable automatic recognition (SmartTrack) of a walk on the Inspire, or it will double count.

I am a fan of counting floors.  The "experts" tell us that taking the stairs is good for us.  Getting individual and lifetime badges shows accomplishment.  The automatic sleep tracking and the addition of SmartTrack just might make up for the loss of floor counting.  But not to die hard floor counters.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
I appreciate the information. I went back and it will track with the app like the One does. It's nice to see at the end of the year stats how many flights of stairs you have climbed. What can I say  I like my One.  I do appreciate the correct information. Thank you.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

LZeeW -

When doing a technical rehearsal in late February the theater I was working
in had stairs and ladders galore. When i got home after techs I saw that
my One said i had done 98 flights of stairs. 98? So I went out and did tow
more flights of stairs before going to bed. I got my "Skyscraper" badge
from "the company."

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wonder if any of the slim style trackers that count stairs can be converted to  a One. Take off the straps and put in a clip? Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner It wouldn't be converted to a one but it could satisfy your stair-tracking needs. Floors are counted using a device's altimeter sensor, which detects elevation. Putting a wrist tracker into a clip should work fine for floors but might mistrack step data, as its algorithms are based around arm/wrist movement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ugh, thanks! Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JohnnCon to fuel uninspiring inspire perspectives, the biggest threads in the inspire groups are battery and firmware issues 🤣 Better with the devil we know, right? 😈 LOL 

Like yourself, I've not found the inspire to be a compelling offering, besides the swim-proof feature, which would be nice to have. Other than that, it appears larger, has less battery life due to the fancy digital faces, and doesn't include the sleeve nor track floors. Glad your one is still working!

Best Answer

I am definitely in the "Bring back Fitbit One" club. My Fitbit One is losing its battery charge more frequently and just today it didn't track my active minutes.

The newer Fitbits have way more info than I need or want and are worn on the wrist. When I tried a wrist version, it irritated my wrist and I went back to the One.

Please bring back the One or at least update it.

Best Answer

@perky819 is there a place we can vote for this? I'm in!

The Fitbit One was one of the very first trackers they offered and what brought millions of users here. It's not received a comparable upgrade (inspire, with fewer features, and shorter battery life isn't an upgrade), vs. others that have been discontinued. Hopefully, they'll consider bringing it back. Fortunately, they're very easy to maintain and batteries are available online for DIY upgrades! 😄 

Perhaps order a battery to keep on hand for when it does finally croak? Cheers!

Best Answer

@Williger 

Like yourself, I've not found the inspire to be a compelling offering, besides the swim-proof feature, which would be nice to have. Other than that, it appears larger, has less battery life due to the fancy digital faces, and doesn't include the sleeve nor track floors.

Not true they are pretty much the same size. It also is to small to get the digital faces on it

I will take a picture later.

I do miss the floors but I still prefer it to wearing it on the wrist

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Pretty much the same size, The screen letters are bigger and brighter than the one

inspireone.jpg

Side view. It is a small bit thicker not much

inspireoneside.jpg

The inspire is a tad bit smaller than the one

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thanks for the photos. I’m considering the Inspire but have not decided as yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB Thank you for sharing the side-by-side comparison 🙂 

Inspire looks like a nice tracker model and will likely fit the needs of many people. They each have their distinct advantages and differences 🤓

fitbit-compare.jpg

$: Inspire = $89 with sleeve, One = $20+ used/refurbed and/or a $12 battery 😉 

Personally... I prefer the One's features. Nice we have multiple options. Cheers!

Best Answer

I posted separately on this, because it's a unique issue I thought needed its own thread. One thing we lost with the One going away was the ability to work with other Fitbit devices. IE: you could use the One with a Charge, which is great if you work at something like a treadmill desk, to accurately capture both your heart rate and steps. The Inspire can't do this and so isn't a replacement for the One that works.

Best Answer

@dannysullivan Are you saying you can wear the Charge and One at the same time and Fitbit will log the steps from your One while simultaneously getting the HR from your Charge? That's an amazing feature and almost tempts me to get a ChargeHR (seen them for $30 on eBay) to complement my One while using a walking desk. I wasn't aware of this feature and wonder what other models it works with (I've also got a Surge for HR).

I use multiple devices, though always 'switch' (and manually sync) between them, as from what I understood, any overlap may impact steps, I once had walked a bunch with my Surge but the cat knocking my One off the dresser resulted in logging the 3 or so One steps vs. >4000 Surge steps 😼

What exactly happens when you try to use your Charge and Inspire vs. the one? Do you get an error message or what happens? 🤔

According to this article from Fitbit Help, you can wear multiple trackers *(only one type of tracker per account but no stated limit to number of trackers), and it will choose what it deems to be the more accurate (if using GPS it takes that vs. non-GPS, so it'd likely take only the Charge steps vs. that of the One/Inspire? 🤨

TL:DR: That sucks. Sad U learned this after purchase. Hopefully, they'll fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes