Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not syncing after app update...

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden without warning my One is no longer syncing.

I updated the app on my iPhone.

The battery on the One is fine.

The phone has been rebooted several times.

I have rebooted the One many times now...

I hope this isnt ANOTHER ploy to get us One users to dump our trackers and buy some garbage wrist device from you....  because I will not ever wear anything on my wrist. I already have a watch and that is all I am going to wear.

*** I want to know how to back out the latest app update and go back to the previous app on my iPhone.

Please fix this or lose this customer forever AND all of future referrals that I would have given fitbit.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Really? Dont remember the battery draining incident and how much the One user community pushed back before a new version of the app was finally released that "corrected" whatever problem made all of our One trackers' batteries suddenly drain as fast as unplugged bath tub? 

Wonder how many people went out and purchased a wrist tracker because the One was conveniently discontinued......

Please. We're not stupid. 

Rude? Thats what you call customers with a problem? Thats real nice.  Angry, maybe. Frustrated, yes. Rude, well that accusation was rude actually.

Nope, similar incidents have never happened before............

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/One/One-Battery-Draining-Quickly/m-p/2203887
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/One/Fitbit-One-rapid-battery-drain/td-p/1976426  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

The same is happening to me. Looking forward for some answers!

Best Answer

@Phit wrote:

All of a sudden without warning my One is no longer syncing.

I updated the app on my iPhone.

The battery on the One is fine.

The phone has been rebooted several times.

I have rebooted the One many times now...

I hope this isnt ANOTHER ploy to get us One users to dump our trackers and buy some garbage wrist device from you....  because I will not ever wear anything on my wrist. I already have a watch and that is all I am going to wear.

Ploy? They have never done this. I really dont know where you are coming from this   Rude accusation

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really? Dont remember the battery draining incident and how much the One user community pushed back before a new version of the app was finally released that "corrected" whatever problem made all of our One trackers' batteries suddenly drain as fast as unplugged bath tub? 

Wonder how many people went out and purchased a wrist tracker because the One was conveniently discontinued......

Please. We're not stupid. 

Rude? Thats what you call customers with a problem? Thats real nice.  Angry, maybe. Frustrated, yes. Rude, well that accusation was rude actually.

Nope, similar incidents have never happened before............

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/One/One-Battery-Draining-Quickly/m-p/2203887
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/One/Fitbit-One-rapid-battery-drain/td-p/1976426  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with my fitbit one not syncing after the application update.  I, too, would like to go back to the previous version that worked.  I, too, prefer a clip on tracker to a wrist tracker.  Phit's problem is marked as solved, but I see no solution anywhere.

Best Answer

So glad to know I am not the only one having this issue.  I thought maybe there was something wrong with my fitbit.  Then I thought there was something wrong with my phone (android) since my fitbit syncs fine with my iPad and with my computer.  I too have tried all the "usual fixes", but nothing seems to help.  Hope they fix this with the next update.

Best Answer

The only way I can sync my One is by plugging it into the recharge dongle and holding down the button for 10-12 seconds - i.e. rebooting, I guess. Then I hit the Fitbit app icon on the phone and it starts searching for data and eventually syncs. Very cumbersome and I can only do it once a day when I can plug in the One somewhere. Of course I am out of luck if I am unable to do this before midnight! It WORKS but is unbelievably annoying. I, too, will not wear a wrist tracker. I am somewhat relieved that there are other users out there with the same problem. Please fix this issue Fitbit manufacturers!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, this is exactly what is happening with me.  I chatted with a customer support rep (Mary D) and she said my Samsung Galaxy 5 android phone was not on the list of compatible devices.  I told her that it had worked fine before the app update.  She walked me through several steps to check things and I had to turn on location on my phone.  Then it worked fine, albeit much more slowly to sync than previously.  I turned the phone off to recharge it last night and this morning even with the new settings Mary D suggested the FitBit won't sync unless I put it in the recharge dongle attached to the computer and reboot.  Then I have to turn my phone off and back on and it syncs for again for a while.  So unhappy with this.  

Best Answer

Yes...I restarted my fitbit yesterday, and it didn't help.  Then I restarted my phone, and it was syncing okay.  I thought, "Finally, something worked!"  Now this morning it is not syncing again.  It is very frustrating, and I hope they release an app update to fix this issue.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem, but opposite: my Fitbit will sync with my (Android) phone, if I turn Bluetooth on and use the app to make it sync, but it is no longer syncing automatically with my computer like it used to. Before, I never had to do anything (apart from charging it), as long as I was somewhere near my computer at least once a week (which I was daily, so no problems). Then one week I get an email that said I had no steps for the previous week. I don't remember when this started happening, but it's probably been 2 months or more by now. I have been manually syncing it with my phone, but that's a pain to remember. I tried rebooting my One, that didn't help. I tried removing Fitbit Connect from my computer & reinstalling it, and that didn't help either. I'm getting annoyed, and would love a fix for this problem. I, too, refuse to wear a wrist device. I've been wearing a pedometer of some sort for 18 years, and I love my Fitbit, but this is irking me.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish I could explain how it happened but about a week after I posted it
started syncing again - but differently from before. Have you tried pulling
down the TODAY bar at the top of the screen - in my experience it will now
refresh and then log steps.
In my case, it may have had something to do with the signal in my
building... Good luck! (And remember: just say "NO" to the wristband
Fitbit!!)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Version 3.9.1 has just become available for my Samsung phone.  I have installed it and will see if this has introduced any more problems or actually solved the ones some of you appear to still be having.  Watch this space!

Best Answer
0 Votes