Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Track exercise" mode activities won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have started using the track exercise functionality in my fitbit app.  It has not synced over the last 2 days.  Each walk was almost 5 miles and took about 1 hr 15 minutes to complete.  When I go into the app, the activity and map is there but the last 2 have "not synced" before the walk activity. I have tried to force a sync but that didn't work.

My iOS is on the current version of 9.3.2.  I have restarted my iPhone that also didn't help.  I restarted my Fitbit One but that didn't work either. I know the iOS is new so I'm guessing that is the issue.  Is there an ETA on when the app will be compatible?

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27
I'm having the same issue. Mine tracked and synced fine yesterday, but won't sync today.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same problem with my fitbit flex and it's really frustrating because I done a 3 and a half hour hike that wont sync. Have you managed to find a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I never received a solution. The issue eventually resolved itself after one of the Fitbit apps updates.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you find a solution? Yesterday and today my exercise mode isn't working correctly.  It won't sync so I can't see my pace or how many steps I took.  very frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having the same problem. Is there a solution to this??
Best Answer
0 Votes

The first time this happened to me my whole tracker crashed and died when I done the reset. It then done it again on the replacement tracker that I got but I found that when I finished an exercise it would tell me how far and time but wouldn't sync the stats or have an impact on my steps etc. I then added another exercise seperately and put in time and distance and it added it and gave me the correct stats and I'd just delete the tracked exercise. It all went back to normal after that and I haven't had any other issues.

Hope that helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I just turned my phone off and on again and it has synced. I will bear this in mind next time if that trick doesn't work. xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had a horrible time with the sync issue the last few months. I've been on all the iOS up to and including the most current beta released this week.

I did, however, notice a pattern. My sync would not work until the next day. I just finished a 4+ mile walk and sure enough I had a sync issue. I get very tired of the sync issue as it happens 3-5 times per week.

Well, I tested a theory. I changed the date on my phone to 8/13 (tomorrow) and it synced with no problem!

FitBit staffers - maybe this will help lead you in the right direcion?? If not, AppleWatch here I come...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing that this was resolved for you with one of the Fitbit app updates @Tabby0704, and welcome to the forums  @SunsetRunner, @KeaneM0510, @KeaneM0510, @MellieB76. A simple procedure that has turned out to be useful to other users finding this issue is to just logout from the application, restart the phone and then log back in to the application. 

Thanks for sharing that information @Dougdougdoug, I'll make sure to forward this information to the right people so it can be taken into consideration. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

My walk from yesterday wouldn't sync. Logged out, restarted my iPhone, logged back in and the walk has disappeared.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @CliveW, you mean the activity had already synced to the application and disappeared after this process?   

Best Answer
0 Votes

The map of my walk was recorded on my phone with a red strip above it advising that the activity hadn't been synced but the app was trying...  consequently the Impact On My Day data was trying to update but couldn't.

I tried on several occasions over a period but it was always trying to sync so I searched and came here, following the above advice to log out of the app, reboot my phone and log back in, which I did. Rather than having synced the activity had now disappeared completely.

Really I'm posting as an advisory that for me the process didn't work and so may not for others experiencing the same problem.

Best Answer

Ok, thanks for sharing this information @CliveW, if it did not help to get the activity to sync it may help to prevent the issue from happening again. Besides these steps mentioned before, you can also follow the article to resolve syncing issues, they have been of help to other users experiencing this. If the problem continues, you may contact the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have a Google Pixel phone and it doesn't seem to track my excercise. It did for a couple of days and won't do it in the last 5 days. I have tried logging in and out as well as re-starting my phone. Has anyone have the same problem? Is there any fix yet? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had exactly the same problem as Clivew. Not very happy as lost two long walks. If it happens again will not be happy. Let's hope the problem is resolved and I would like to see a proper solution posted so that if Tx does happen again there is some resolve.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem as of last week.  I do not have an iPhone though.  I have a Google Pixel XL.  I'm driving myself crazy with all the troubleshooting.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think this issue is resolved I have a new Alta and latest update and it doesn't work

Best Answer

Same issue. Track exercise not reflecting the actual calories and number of days target. Does any one have a solution. I tried the restart by plugging the fitbit to charger, it doesnt seem to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes