Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Track exercise" mode activities won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have started using the track exercise functionality in my fitbit app.  It has not synced over the last 2 days.  Each walk was almost 5 miles and took about 1 hr 15 minutes to complete.  When I go into the app, the activity and map is there but the last 2 have "not synced" before the walk activity. I have tried to force a sync but that didn't work.

My iOS is on the current version of 9.3.2.  I have restarted my iPhone that also didn't help.  I restarted my Fitbit One but that didn't work either. I know the iOS is new so I'm guessing that is the issue.  Is there an ETA on when the app will be compatible?

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27

I also have the One and it synced fine yesterday.  I just completed an hour walk and it still shows "0" minutes.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this problem with my Alta. My steps are recorded but my exercise is not showing on my app. I have reset my tracker, signed out of my app and shut down my phone. Please help, I am so frustrated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my FitBit One. I put it into exercise mode and let it run while I'm running, but it doesn't show up as exercise in the app on its own. The app will, however, import any cardio I plug in to MyFitnessPal. But if I manually enter this as a workout there, it messes with my stats. FWIW, I keep my runs in Nike+ and use the Fitbit to track total steps. That way I'm not losing the workout. This doesn't make it less frustrating to not be able to automatically track my workouts within the FitBit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only way I can get exercises to sync is to enter them on the desktop website dashboard. It doesn't work in the app on my iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Logging out of the phone and logging back in is not an affordable solution.  It's a workaround to a verified BUG still forward this to dev team.  Reputation is at stake. 

Best Answer

Hi

i have had this issue for 7 days and it’s only today I sussed out what to do after trying everything.

1st remove the unit from the sleeve & connect it to the USB & attach it to the pc or mains as you would do to charge it. 

2nd once connected, press and hold down the button for about 15 seconds till the unit turns off while still attached to the usb like it’s charging. 

3rd count to 10  then turn the unit back on- this will do a factory reset and the unit should power on. If it doesn’t then you can now remove the unit from the usb & press the button till the unit powers on. 

4th- go to the app and turn on the Bluetooth and either search for the unit if the settings are not showing or go to the setup tab and select your device.

fingers crossed it has found the unit and will now sync, best in mind the data from the last couple of days maybe lost, but the unit should now work.

good luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same for weeks now.

Given upon the Fitbit exercise option and now tracking my exercise on Strava instead - but haven't linked the two together as I'm aware that Fitbit knocks thousands of steps off if you do!  Hey ho, another app that Fitbit won't work properly with - not a surprise!

Best Answer
0 Votes