Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Not Keeping Steps and Not Syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've always had problems syncing my One but I didn't really care since all I really wanted was the steps. But now, it isn't even doing that. I had 8000+ steps yesterday morning and in the afternoon it showed 2000 and it is still showing 2000 this morning. It also says rejecting pairing. I can't hook it up to a computer to restart because I don't have one anymore, only a tablet and phone. Any suggestions?  Thanks so much. Linda

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Set it up on the other devices.

All you really need to do in download the app and sign in

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Tried that. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your One not syncing or tracking steps correctly. Thanks for trying the steps provided here.

I'd recommend performing a restart on your One. That should definitely help out with this. If you don't have a computer to try this; please use a wall charger.

Also, on the Fitbit app, do you see your One paired to your account? You can check if you see your One's picture in the upper part of the app's dashboard. 

@WendyB Thanks for your help on this thread!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
I do see the one at the top of the screen. I restarted my fitbit One but the time is way off. Should I try it again?  I haven't tried to pair it again yet either. I need to do that. 
Thanks for the help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having similar issues with my Fitbit one

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your reply and for providing those details. Also, thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps provided.

Yes, try that again and then try these set up steps. This is to pair it again and should certainly help you out with this. Once paired, check if there are any firmware updates available for your One.

@A.B. Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting that you are having similar issues with your One.

Have you restarted your One already? You can also try these syncing troubleshooting steps in order to sort this out. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

My Fitbit One is not able to connect with my phones bluetooth.  I have done all of the trouble shooting steps and it won't sync. When I turned my bluetooth off and on it won't connect to it even though it shows as available.  It says the problem is with the One. I haven't been able to sync since Wednesday.  This has happened before and just seems to fix itself,  but this is the longest it has gone. I am lost without it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Susan60120 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you have experienced with your One not syncing. Thanks for trying all the troubleshooting steps provided to sort this out.

I went ahead and contacted via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox. 

Best Answer
Do not see community inbox message. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well! Thanks for posting on this thread.

I didn't contacted you via PM. Are you still in need for some help? Make sure you have tried the steps I recommended for you on this post

Let me know the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  I have to reboot the device to sync - every single time.  I even uninstalled and re-installed the app and still will not sync.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Vic2107 It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing syncing issues with your One. Thanks for trying those steps in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried everything you said plus. I've even Uninstaller and reinstalled under different email. It will not sync to Bluetooth. It denies pairing. I thought it might not be compatible with my phone but it won't work with my tablet either. 
Thank you. Linda

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your reply and for trying those troubleshooting steps. Also, thanks for sharing those details.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

Best Answer
0 Votes