Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One alarm

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does the One alarm signal "V S" - dit-dit-dit-dah, dit-dit-dit?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Great to see you here @JoeS. Could you please be more specific about the inconvenience you are having with your One? Also, if you can provide me with a photo of what you are seeing would be great. To attach an image you just need to do the following from your computer:

1. Click the image icon

2. Click choose file

3. Select the image

4. Insert the image

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Great to see you here @JoeS. Could you please be more specific about the inconvenience you are having with your One? Also, if you can provide me with a photo of what you are seeing would be great. To attach an image you just need to do the following from your computer:

1. Click the image icon

2. Click choose file

3. Select the image

4. Insert the image

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alejandra, no inconvenience or malfunction. Just a curiosity. The alarm vibrates with three short and one long buzz, followed by three short buzzes. That is Morse Code for 'V' (dit dit dit dah similar to the opening of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony) followed by the Morse Code for 'S' (dit-dit-dit). The curiosity is why the developer chose the alarm to alert in two highly recognizable Morse Code patterns.

Best Answer

Thanks for the clarification @JoeS. I am sure that the Fitbit One alarm doesn't have morse code, it is just the way it was designed. 

I hope this helps, happy steppin! Woman Happy

Best Answer

Actually, I too recoginise the V S morse code signal after having been in communications in the Royal Navy.  So the question has not been answered - why V S in morse code??  Also would it be possible to change the code to represent different types of alarms?  That would be useful.

please note that this post contains TWO questions.

thank you 

Best Answer

But it does have morse code! And it is VS. I spent enough time with it in the army to recognize the pattern.

Why is that?

Best Answer

Being a ham radio operator, I too recognize the Morse code VS, what is up with this code?

Best Answer

Exactly as i thought. I thought a joke of some kind

Best Answer
0 Votes