Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone successfully updated from 6.46?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have about 20 Fitbit ones I have repaired and everyone that has 6.60 has updated flawlessly. The 4 one's that have 6.46 all fail.  Fitbit support was no help.  

Has anyone successfully updated from 6.46?  Log files?  Dump firmware, anything?

Thanks guys!

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

I am on 6.64 and all is well

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Sorry that has nothing to do with my question.  I have 5 fitibt one's with 6.46 and they fall fail when trying to update.   My 6.60's update fine when going to 6.64.  

I was just wondering if anyone was successful updating 6.46 to 6.64.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a way to do it voa USB and the dongle or can it only be done wirelessly?   I'm trying to update and it always fails for me when I do it wirelessly.  Came here to try and update it directly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is showing version 6.24. I had big problems with it last month which seemed linked to an update; after hours and hours of downloading updates, removing the One from my account and reinstalling (multiple times), I thought they were resolved; it ran well for about 2 weeks. Although on reading your post, I wonder why mine is 6.24 if you are several versions on from that.  But now a new update is showing available and the problems have started all over again.  Time shwoing on my Fitbit One is wrong again and carries totals over to next day (duplicates them).  Either fails to find my tracker, or, when it does, the update ultimately fails.  I have a PC with a dongle and a PC with Bluetooth, but the update works on neither, although I did manage a manual sync this morning of my steps.  I'm so sick of the whole thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting NZLisa,

That tells me that if the firmware update is only allowing 6.60 to update.  Anything before that does not meet the criteria and fails.

I just wish there was an easier way to see through log files where its failing and why its failing 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

It does at least seem like you know what you're doing, menorevs; some of us less tehnically competent can only wonder what the log files are all about 😉   Our only option is to hope that others may be able to guide us through, if you find a fix.  I have started to feel that whether or not my actual One is working may be moot, if the back-end or update side of things is going to render it obsolete.  To that end and with a new device in mind, I decided to check how people were finding the Versa - and lo and behold, the Versa forum is dominated by a huge thread on a sync problem related to an update.  So I think we may all be up the same creek, just with different paddles!  😉  

Best Answer
0 Votes

According to the help doc 6.64 is the latest.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm not sure why everyone is answering this question without referencing
the question. I know what the latest firmware is at. I am asking if
anyone been successful updating from 6.46.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I only answered because everyone is saying 6.60 is the latest, and this is wrong.

Your app should be prompting you to update the One.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  I have replaced batteries on numerous Fitbit Ones.  Many have had dead batteries for a while and have older firmware versions.  The Fitbits with version 6.60 always update to 6.64 after the battery is replaced.  Those with the 6.46 version of firmware will never update.  The update will start but then fail and I get the "Try Again" message.  Other than indicating that an update is available every time I sync, all of the functions for these 6.46 Fitbits seem to work normally.  Is there any solution to this issue?  I have tried all of the restart options and none of that works to reset the Fitbit so that it will update.  I have contacted Customer Support and they are useless on this issue.

Best Answer

@TNLarry Thank you so much for posting this!  This is an older thread that I hadn't seen.  I was just getting ready to order a battery for a NIB Fitbit One that I purchased as a backup nearly six years ago.  Unfortunately I never opened the box until now, and the battery won't hold a charge.  I just put it on the charger and luckily it is showing version 6.60, so I am going to proceed.  Also glad to hear that even if the version isn't 6.60, that the device seems to work properly other than the update message reminder.

Since the One is out of production and the board is no longer officially monitored by Fitbit Support, I am grateful for community members who are willing to share their knowledge with others!  I am still using my original One (received for Christmas 2012) but it is definitely on its last legs.  Time to put the backup into use!  😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes i would not expect a 7 year old battery to still be on good shape 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue it's rare but happens. Out of the 300+ Ones pictured below, most are dead or have limited battery life, the ones in the top left box all last well over a week. Regarding firmware updates, @menorevs is 100% correct, (1) 6.46 won't update and it's frustrating as there's no way to downgrade to a version that's upgradeable, and (2) they seem to work fine but annoyingly don't update, missing battery life benefits. PS. @menorevs you've not been active in a while but if you're still around, shoot me a PM, I have referrals you may be interested in 🙂 

330 Fitbit Ones. 22 Work Great.330 Fitbit Ones. 22 Work Great.

Best Answer