Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One gone??? It’s just not right.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The zip just is not appropriate for those of us who are over 50 and need decent light and glasses to read its screen.  Amazon‘s resellers are now selling fit bit one for $187 each. That tells you how much people want them. Those of us who want a clip on and quality are going to have to go to another company. I just don’t think it’s a good business decision.  I guess I’ll go ahead and finally get that Apple Watch, but I’ll be sorry to not have the small discrete One on my wasteband. 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I agree.  I am so disappointed today to find that the One has been discontinued. I'll be looking at other products now, and Fitbit no longer has one that fits my needs.

Best Answer

I'm not happy about the news either.  In 2013, I started using the Zip; this was good for tracking steps discreetly with a decent battery life.  In 2014, after many months of trying to convince my dad that he would enjoy having a tracker that not only tracked steps but magically included tracking stairs and sleep, he accepted my gift of the Fitbit One (just in time for a fabulous vacation in Denmark).

Today, my dad commented that his anniversary date with Fitbit was near, but was sad that he was going to have to buy a Zip to replace his well-used One.

In 2015, I replaced my Zip with a One and would never go back.  I LOVE that the one is discreet, accurate, tracks my sleep (huge bonus and something I have come to rely on), has a decent battery life, easy to recharge, and is NOT something I have to wear on my wrist like a watch.

The One was perfect.  I will be so disappointed if Fitbit does not realize that the One has an enormous and devoted fan base.  Please don't force us to be your visual marketing, because I believe anyone who loves the One has been telling everyone they know (pretty powerful marketing in my book) to buy one.  

Best Answer

I cannot believe they discontinued the best product they offer.  The Zip is worthless, since it's not backlit. It's impossible to read, plus it's clunky in a pocket.  Everyone I know who has a wristband has had trouble either with the device itself -- battery doesn't last very long -- or the bands break easily.  I bragged on my One -- it fits easily in a pocket or clips onto a waistband -- and it always works. Plus, I'm not stuck wearing an ugly, cheap-looking plastic wristband.  Fitbit should have "streamlined" their offerings by getting rid of the Zip, not the One.  When my One dies, I guess I'll be looking for another company's device. 

Best Answer

It is hard to believe that Fitbit got rid of the One. I also have the Flex 2 and Charge HR. The One is by far the best of all 3. I hate the wrist trackers, especially in the hot humid summer. The Zip is just a cheap pedometer. Fitbit please bring back the One.

Best Answer

I came to the forum today to resolve an issue with my Fitbit One's clock suddenly being off by 90 minutes, and learned the One has been discontinued.

I also rely on the backlight, sleep tracking, the discreet clip-on footprint, and--most important--the silent alarm that effectively wakes me up without disturbing my husband.

Fitbit has just lost my future business. I am not interested in the other models, and I have no intention of wearing an ugly wrist tracker.

Best Answer

We all want it back 🙂

Hopefully in the future they can bring us a new clip, or maybe even an updated one.

I would like to send you to the main post, which already has a lot of posts about the one being discontinued: One Availability and Alternatives - Fitbit Community

If you have an idea about a new clip you are thinking about, post you’re idea here: Fitbit Community

Good luck 😉 

Fitbit One Expert, Moto G5
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Flex has started changing times to 3 hours forward. Now it appears i go to bed and wake at different times to what i really do. Also my 250 steps per hour appear at all the wrong tomes. Why is this happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes