Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

So clearly FITBIT is not interested in anyone's need for a non-wristbased tracker. I require a tracker for my health program at work, and I cannot wear wrist-based units.  Therefore, I will be looking for alternatives. 

Have any of you found anything out there that would be a suitable replacement for those of us that are not able to use wrist trackers?

Best Answer

Hi

Fitbit is still selling and supporting the Fitbit Zip. The battery lasts 6 months before needing to be replaced.

Best Answer

I have 3 zips, and the batteries never lasted more than 2 weeks. Fitbit kept sending me replacements, and they were all complete junk. The Zip is not even close to being an adequate alternative for the One.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

I had 2 Zips and the batteries would only last from 4 to 7 days. Nope, not a replacement for the One; besides it doesn't count stairs which is something I want.

Best Answer

I agree the zip does not compare to the one.

I have 3 ones right now so I dont run out. You need to search the internet I found some good deals and some bad ones.

But good are out there if you want to have a One as a backup

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@WendyB wrote:

I agree the zip does not compare to the one.

I have 3 ones right now so I dont run out. You need to search the internet I found some good deals and some bad ones.

But good are out there if you want to have a One as a backup

Hey, no fair, @WendyB is hoarding all the Ones!  Smiley Very Happy

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner - I think that kitty might might have tied it back on @WendyB‘s ankle ... No way he got 7900 steps on his own!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

@Baltoscott  LOL it was kinda buy accident. I washed one a while ago. So I bought one. It came back to Life before new one came. Then I lost it so bought another for a backup. This one showed up. So hense 3 now. 😀.

I just need to be more careful. Been careless lately. So I should have enough to last for many years. 

Prices are becoming scary though. So I had to search a lot to get a good price.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Doesn't the kitten feel like this now? Cat Wink

85a20e5aa4a643d0ac292218ea139727--toddler-meme-meme-maker

Best Answer

If, like Wendy, we manage to acquire a backup stash of Ones, can we be sure that they will still work in the future?  Isn't there a danger that Fitbit's 'techie stuff' will at some point simply no longer recognise the One? Man Sad

Best Answer

@fiftyeightWhy would they not work? They still support them They just dont  sell them.

I know I'm over the top so dont do what I do.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Well I'm not very techie minded Wendy, but I imagine Fitbit are doing something to enable us to see our data. If they care so little about the wonderful One to have discontinued it, I'm just worried they'll stop supporting it too.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Hi

Fitbit is still selling and supporting the Fitbit Zip. The battery lasts 6 months before needing to be replaced.

The Zip is NOT even close to an acceptable alternative to the ONE.  

Best Answer

Feel free to check out dear @KateFitbit 's reply here regarding the One..

She kindly mentions:

'Though Fitbit One is a popular product, we are always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products, which are coming later this year.

~ Possible, something awesome is replacing the One soon?..

z5U3xKm

Best Answer

My One seems not be able to connect to my iphone app anymore, it does not recognize it.  Very frustrating.  I do not want a wrist band tracker!

Best Answer

@ALBarclayShut down your phone for a few minutes. Go back in and try again

Community Council Member

Best Answer
Is Fitbit One being discontinued? I don't see it on the store as an option to buy anymore? If so, why? Not everyone wants something on their wrist...and the Zip doesn't offer as much info.
Best Answer

Having the same problems with my ONE and fortunately (or unfortunately) I also have an Alta.  I saw someone else's message here about an Alta clip holder (Henoda Magnetic Clip Holder for Fitbit Alta)

very similar to the one for the ONE on Amazon.  I have ordered one... $7.98 prime but there are others out there non-prime.  Hopefully that will work for you. 

Best Answer