Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310

Hooray! This is the answer I needed. I dislike wearing anything on my wrist but I don't trust that the One is being supported. I will order an Alta and get this clip from Amazon. Sheesh--you would think that Fitbit would offer this solution. No problem--my 1230 day streak continues!

Best Answer

I will be highly disappointed if they have indeed discontinue this non-wrist worn tracker. I had the Flex. I loved it because the little bit of metal it had did not touch my skin (I am sadly allergic to most metals and break out when terribly). Two years later, it started to break my wrist out and I could no longer wear it. And most of the new wrist trackers are worn like a watch and have a metal clasp (for lack of a better term). I got the One and fell in love. I've had no problems aside from part of the clip coming off and exposing the metal underneath; but for $15 I've just replaced the clip part a couple times. Guess I won't be doing the firmware update until FitBit starts being honest and telling us what's going on. >_< And I better start looking for a new non-wrist worn tracker, even if it's not FitBit. 😕

Best Answer

Im covered on Ones right now. But I plan to move to Omron again. Its a very accurate Pedo. I wore my Omron for a year before I let The One take over.

Check out Omron!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I considered also moving over to the Fitbit Alta, but then I started reading the Help Forum board for Alta and found comments about that device also having problems syncing. 

Best Answer

KateFitbit-

Well the Quiz is not that helpful, since what I WANT in a Fitbit - steps, flights of stairs, sleep monitoring, readable display and clip on - is no longer being offered by Fitbit. 

The Zip is a very expensive pedometer.  It has a readable display - showing steps, and miles, but it doesn't really track much besides steps- no altimeter to track flights of stairs, and no sleep monitoring.  It isn't even waterproof.  What is fascinating is that Amazon is now selling it for $99, the price point of the now discontinued ONE. Maybe supply and demand, as Fitbit shows the Zip on backorder for 6-8 weeks.  

The Fitbit Flex 2 tracks steps and has a sleep monitor, but no altimeter for flights of stairs, and it is a wrist accessory (and for a steep fee, you can get a fancy bangle or a pendant).  You can get a third party clip through Amazon for as little as $10 (Henoda). It does not have a readable display.  This is fine, if the Flex 2 is always able to sync to the phone app, and if you always have your phone available to sync, as you reach your exercise goals. It is not helpful if you like to read your progress on the device and don't want to pull out your phone or carry your phone- you have to rely on little lights lighting up.  It does one thing that the One did not, it is swim and shower proof.

I live in  a hilly area and do a lot of hiking.  Sometimes my fight of stairs count compensates for my lack of steps - like only having 11,000 steps, but 60 flights of stairs, is more grueling than 20,000 steps and 20 flights of stairs.  So for me the flights of stairs was very, very important, but the three items remaining in the Fitbit line up are too big for me to consider...the Charge 2, Blaze and Ionic, are just too chunky for my taste, especially since I don't want to scream to the world "look at me I'm exercising".  I have not seen any 3rd party option to turn any of them into a clip, and I'm not sure how practical that would be anyway, given their size.

So basically, Fitbit gave us a great product and then took it away.  In it's place, Fitbit is offering two trade offs - So here is a new quiz:

• Do you rely upon the device read-out, but only want to track steps and miles? - get the Zip.  Of course you will have to wait 6-8 weeks or pay $40 more through Amazon. 

•  Do you like tracking sleep, and would like to swim with your device, and don't need to read the display on the actual device? Get the Flex 2 with a 3rd party clip from Amazon.

•  If you like tracking Flights of stairs, you will need to adjust to the reality that the One was a very special product and there is no option on the market that does what the One did in the small package it offered.  

Best Answer

@KateFitbit wrote:

As a result, we no longer sell the One.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

I still "hope" that fitbit will reconsider its wrist-only strategy because:

- it is not compatible with  traditional (potentially luxury) watches

- wrist-based devices do not count properly dance steps due to arms movements 

- ZIP is not counting floors, nor monitoring sleep. And looks much bigger and cheap.

Now the issue is not just the device disappearing and the need to find alternatives: I was counting on FitBit for maintaining my data on the long term and to provide me more and more analytics of the evolution over the years. Hence why I have been a "premium" membership for four years already counting 24 million steps, and reaching sometime more than 500 floors in a day while hiking.

It is about time to export my data (unfortunately tedious operation as it is not anymore possible in batch mode even for premium customers ..but by clicking repeatedly to define subsequent 30 days periods ).

The real solution is probably to loose my "fitbit" addiction and  to go back to  the old non-connected way of exercising... I feel sad about that perspective.

Best Answer

This makes me very sad. To get a new One, you can spend $$$ on eBay or third party Amazon sellers. I've had a FitBit since the very first model came out, and when the One came out, I thought it was amazing. I love my One and can't believe you'd choose to discontinue. I do not like wearing trackers on my wrist, and frankly, I don't think they are as reliable. 

Hopefully this One lasts me for awhile because when it dies, it's unlikely I'll be replacing it with a different FitBit model. 🙁

Best Answer

My One's battery is on it's last breath. Hardly holds a charge for a day. It's so dumb of Fitbit to discontinue the Fitbit One. I just don't like wrist devices. I don't even like the Apple watch. I have a very fine watch and I'm not going to where an ugly wrist tracker on my other wrist. I need what the One offered. I need that altimeter because I hike in the mountains, and it's just as important to count floors (maybe more important on some days), than just steps. Just a total fail on Fitbit's decision. It was fun while it lasted, but I'm resigned to go back to the old days of no trackers, and just using my iPhone to calculate elevation. I want to say something mean to Fitbit, but I won't. It does really stink though.

Best Answer

My hubby ordered me a FitBit One in april 2015, and it changed my life! Then the piece that changes modes, fell off, and I was devastated... Keith bought me ANOTHER one in April 2016....but about 5 weeks ago, the battery drained completely, and ever since, it holds it's charge for only 8 hours max....very frustrating.....what can I do to correct the problem? Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

@Rita1961

Please clean the contacts
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/My-tracker-s-battery-isn-t-charging/?q=not+chargi...

Then Do a Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Also See this thread for charging best practices. If you are not charging it correctly you could be damaging the battery
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge/Fitbit-charge-battery-problems/m-p/1323307#M53291

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1799

If that does not help contact support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I'm totally baffled by the lack of trackers that can clip to somewhere on your torso. Wrist ones are hugely inaccurate and so easy to cheat, they can't tell the difference between you walking or just waving your hand around. Do some washing up and it thinks you've walked a couple of thousand steps! Ridiculous.

No-one ever seems to talk about this or about any ways to get around it. I'd love to hear how this is being addressed.

Best Answer

My One needs to be charged WAY more and just yesterday it died and I had NO notification about the battery being low! So, I am thinking of either an Alta HR or the Flex. There is a HUNDRED dollar difference, so I want to make a good choice, you know? My question is does the heart rate still work if you get a 3rd party clip for the Alta HR and wear it on your bra - like between the twins? You know? I wear a nice watch and don't need or want to wear a band or bracelet. I loved the clip for the One and know I can get one for both the Alta and the Flex. But what would be the point if an option was non-usable due to how I wear it. 

Best Answer

@loopyn Welcome to the Fitbit family! Have you seen the Fitbit Zip? You can clip that one as well!

Wrist trackers have a setting called "Dominant Hand". This option is for the tracker to be as accurate as possible.

1. The dominant wrist setting decreases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any over counting of steps when your body is not moving.
  2. The non-dominant wrist setting increases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any under counting of steps. Non-dominant is the default.

Dominant hand setting should be the best option then. 

Also, please take a look at the original post on this thread for more details for the One.

@StaceyB93 I hope you're doing well! The heart rate sensor won't work if you have it on a clip. The reason is because the sensor is located under the tracker to feel the blood flow of your arm. With this, the sensor can measure your heart rate. 

However, I think the Flex 2 is a better option for you. There are some cool accessories for this tracker; specifically the pendant. This look very well! Take a look at it here. This is a good alternative for you!

Hope this helps. See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

@SantiR The Zip is a piece of crap. Please stop telling us it is adequate as a clip-on tracker, because it is not. It does not in any way compare with the One, which was a far far better product. 

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
Just to be straight forward. Your reply doesn’t help. Wrist trackers are ugly. Whether it’s dominant or non-dominant, they’re all ugly. Especially next to my Omega Seamaster. It would be nice to get an honest explanation why you canned the Fitbit One.
Best Answer

I find the Zip to be a waste of time honestly. The One is a great product. and FitBit doesn't seem to realize that there are people that can not wear stuff at work. My husband can't wear any jewelry. I know some people can't for safety and some just because it gets in the way. I think FitBit is missing out on opportunities by not producing clips for other trackers. 
I purchased the Alta HR. I purchased a third party clip as well. I liked the more in-depth sleep stuff on the Alta and I would wear it on my wrist for a workout to track HR. But I am also gonna test the tracker in the clip with the HR parts touching my skin to see if that works. Regardless, I am deeply disappointed in the last update and the phasing out of the One. I feel I was forced to get a new tracker because I can't really see you supporting the One now that you discontinued the product. Seems like a waste of resources. 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

I am very disappointed with the decision to discontinue the Fitbit One.  You have lost a loyal customer who has purchased 3 Fitbit Ones.  Even though I have lost 2 over the years, I cannot wear a wrist tracker (and find them annoying in my teaching profession) and the zip doesn't show stairs.  It is a real mistake to discontinue this product.  I will be searching for an alternative.

Best Answer

@cliftontriangle ~ There is always the option to buy a 3rd party clip. You can search them up on Amazon. I personally feel that FitBit has great customer service for their current products. I too an extremely disappointed with the One being discontinued as I have had a One for at least 5 years. Any problems I had up to this point have been solved by customer service. I admit the techs working with me on my current issues with the last OS update have been extremely great to work with, there is no solution for the problem. They really need to just back out that last update and test it more extensively before reissuing to the public. But if you truely love the company, check out the 3rd party clips. I know I needed a replacement clip for my One and they were a fraction of the cost through 3rd parties than through FitBit. So, don't walk away just yet. And no, I don't work for them. But I am willing to give them another chance and just buy a 3rd party clip. My One isn't completely gone ... yet. Best wishes!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

I've lost my One and since I don't want anything on my wrist but want the One functionality, I have to buy the Alta and a 3rd party clip.  This is a more expensive alternative.  I was able to buy a used One on eBay.

Best Answer

Yeah. It is more money. I am getting my Alta HR and 3rd party clip today. I was torn between that and the Flex which was $100 cheaper. It totally blows that they did away with the One. I am hoping the Alta and the clip do the job as well as my One. I am going to test it out against my One this weekend. Although I am looking forward to the more in-depth sleeping insights!

Best Answer