Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One not Syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My One quit syncing this week.  Had to "Chat" with a customer service representative 3 different times before they would say it is the device that failed.  They offered me 25% discount on a new device.  With so many devices failing, I find this very curious.  Be loud about your displeasure.  I just posted on Facebook.  Everyone having this problem should do the same - or use Twitter - just get your displeasure out there.  Squeeky wheel gets the oil (attention / help / satisfaction).  

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

I think I am going to go with a different device.  The Fitbit company is not being responsive to many of us regarding the One issue.  I don't know what I am going to go with, yet, but I certainly won't be supporting this company any longer.

Best Answer

So, my One hasn't been able to hold a charge and hasn't synced since Thursday despite multiple battery charges and restarts. I must not be the only one?

Best Answer

You, indeed, are not the only one.  There are so many people who have posted that their device suddenly stopped syncing.  UGH!

Best Answer

same problem here, just noticed the battery is definitely draining ridiculously fast and haven't been able to sync since Saturday despite restarting my phone which was working for the past couple of weeks

Best Answer

I also emailed the New York Times and our local station (7 on your side) about this issue to see if a reporter might want to look into why so many devices are failing.  I find this curious and someone else might think it is curious, too.

Best Answer

Fitbit One suddenly failed after vupdate 9/16/19 late evening.  Last synch at 12;33am on 9/17/19.  won't synch in Iphone or computer.  Not reconized be either.  Like it doesn't even exist.  Unit working fine, counting steps excetera, just wont synch.  New update to app and computer screwed up the synching function.  My One is fully charged and working fine, just won't connect.  really disappointing.

Best Answer

Mine last recorded steps on 9/14/19.  It will sync when connected to the computer with the button held, but since no steps record nothing updates.  I've tried the reset many times with no luck.  When plugged in it appears to be fully charged but screen stays blank after disconnected.  I've been using the One since 2013 (replaced several times due to losing) and will be sorry to see it go.  I won't use a watch type tracker.

Best Answer

Bought a Garmin Vivo fit 3.  On Amazon you can buy a clip so you can take it out of it's wristband and put it in the clip to attach to a pocket or whatever.  

Best Answer

No your not the only one! My Fitbit stopped syncing almost a month ago. Customer service helped me get it back on line and it stopped again the same day! It's in their end. My Fitbit is working just not syncing. They need to solve the problem or they are going to loose a lot of customers 🤔

Best Answer

I have "left" Fitbit.  I refuse to give them my money for another device when it's on their end that screwed everybody up.  I did read that the company "Fitbit" might be sold.  Only under different leadership would I consider going back.  I bought a Garmin

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ONE will no longer synch since last Thursday (4 days ago). I have been having this problem for several years now but after many tries, I was always able to  get it to synch but not this time. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

My One stopped synching (again!) on 9/12/19. Yesterday, 9/22/19 had a long online chat with Fitbit and they said that there are connectivity issues with my phone. (LG Stylus 3 Plus) and they are working on it. The Fitbit One synched yesterday for most of the day until midnight and then stopped again. Nothing I do will get it to synch. It's so frustrating. I've been a Fitbit user since 2011 and I'm losing faith. I think they don't want to support the One and want us to go for the fancier more expensive models. I love my One and don't want a fance expensive model that means I can no longer wear the watch I love. I'm disgusted.

Best Answer

I'm having exactly the same experience as Kathy.  I can get my One syncing for a short amount of time, and then it generally stops at some point during an evening.  I wake up the next day to find that it hasn't synced since some time the evening before.  I'm also finding my battery life is reducing much faster than ever before.  Needing to charge the device multiple times a week to keep it running and this has only started recently.

Best Answer

I agree, I am really getting sick of resetting my fitbit ONE all the time.

the bit counts the steps but it is not syncing and uploading.

What the hell did fitbit do?

This is not making me want to use fitbit anymore. I don't want a band to wear, I love the clip. but I agree, might be time to move on to another brand.😡

Best Answer

Hi,

I finally got my one to sync.I did it by finding a number of dots which I believe is the logo for fitbit. Any how, after I got all those dots to appear on my screen, I clicked on them rapidly about six or seven times and within about 30 minutes, my ONE once again would sync. Sometimes, I have to do this as many as twice a week and sometimes, only once a month. Good luck. Ray

Best Answer
0 Votes