Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One not charging or tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A few days ago, my One completely shut off. I assumed the battery died (since it has been draining like crazy lately) and put it on the charger over night. Unfortunately, the One does not seem to be charging. I tried a different outlet with still no luck. When I press the button, I get the FitBit welcome screen and see that it has some battery. However, when I take it off the charger, the screen does not turn on at all. I've tried syncing to my phone with the One both on the charger and off and neither works. My app is updated, so I think something is wrong with the One. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Mine is doing the same thing. Actually, I'm on my second one. My first one stopped after less than 6 months so I called customer service and they sent me a new one. This one lasted not even a month. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just contacted fitbit via Twitter and am waiting on a reply. Mine shut down a few days ago too. I have the fitbit one, similar problem to yours, put on charge, my phone and laptop stating it's fully charged but no power displaying at all?

Has your problem been rectified?

@Lisa3449 wrote:

Mine is doing the same thing. Actually, I'm on my second one. My first one stopped after less than 6 months so I called customer service and they sent me a new one. This one lasted not even a month. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received the following email today. Although, it isn't very helpful considering that my One won't hold a charge and isn't syncing.

Hello Annie, 

We want to provide you with the extraordinary service you deserve and find a solution for the battery issue on your One.

Your tracker has a battery life of up to two weeks. Using our back end tools we have confirmed an abnormal behavior starting after the last iOS update for the Fitbit app. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

As a reminder, the following are some factors that have an impact on battery life and may cause your battery to drain more quickly:
1. Frequently checking the Fitbit app, which syncs your tracker
2. Frequently receiving notifications
3. Frequently checking your stats using Quick View. 

If possible, we’d like you to do a battery test to see how long your battery lasts after a full charge. Please do the following:
1. Disable the features that can impact battery life as described in https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2004
2. Fully charge your tracker.
3. Sync your tracker 5-6 times a day. 
4. Wear your tracker until it is fully depleted.

With this information, we’ll be able to better research how long your tracker's battery is lasting. 

We look forward to getting you back on track. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Arlen M. and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer
0 Votes