Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Fitbit Update 08/21/2017: Several One users have reported that they are experiencing quick battery drain issues since updating their iOS app to the latest version, 2.39.

First off, thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Secondly, I can assure you that our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. I will receive an update from them and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
509 REPLIES 509

My Fitbit one is 4 years old. Before last week when I charged it, the charge would last for over a week. Now I'm getting maybe 2 days out of a charge. 😞 Have I done something wrong? Is it just getting old? I don't really have the money to replace it at this time, and I'm hoping there might be something I can try to fix the issue. 

Best Answer

Hey there @Smurfete09, thanks for stopping by! The length of time your tracker can operate on a full charge depends on how frequently you use it and various settings.

Consider these tips when you want to conserve battery life:

• If you use the Fitbit app, make sure All-Day Sync is turned off. All-Day Sync increases battery drain on both your tracker and mobile device. To find the setting, open the app and tap or click the Account icon. At the top of the screen tap or click One to see your settings, then scroll down. 
  • (Android only) Turn off the Always Connected setting. Similar to All-Day Sync, it can reduce battery life.
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 
  • Don't charge your tracker in extreme heat or cold.

Give this a go and let me know if you notice an improvement on your One's battery life.

I'll be around, keep me in the loop!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I think it's definitely something related to the latest app update. Mine would typically stay charged for a week,  but after the latest app update I'm only getting a couple of days on a charge. I haven't changed any settings or usage patterns since then but noticed the big drop off.

Best Answer

I have had my FitBit one for 3 years.  I don't use the sleep  functionality on it and until recently it had been holding a charge for at least 8 days.  Recently it is only holding a charge for a day or two at most.  Any suggestions?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer

I was given a Fitbit one as a present a little over a year ago, the battery lasted days before a recharge required. Recently it has needed recharging almost every other day... Thought they were supposed to last four years or more... 

Anyone any suggestions as to the way forwards please?

Thanks.

Best Answer

Sometimes the software gets screwed up and the charging cycle doesn't fully complete (even though it looks like the battery is full).  Try running it down close to empty, then restart it three times (plug into charger, hold down on button 10 seconds or so until the firmware number or fitbit icon pops up), then charge fully.  That should get you back to what you are used to.

Let us know how it goes.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums!

3 years is a good long run it could be on its last legs

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If that doesn't help Contact Support. Let them know what you have tried to resolve this issue
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Hope to see you around the forums! Join in on the discussions forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@Macgraw It's great to have you aboard in our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that your Fitbit One is not holding a charge. I would like to follow up and would like to know if you tried the steps that shared my friend @WendyB since I would have also followed those steps in order to fix this issue.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Hi,

My Fitbit One started doing the same thing this week.  My Fitbit is less than a year old.

It happened a couple of days ago, and it happened again today. 

I've done the charging on the computer and restarted my Fitbit via the directions here. Your help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestion, plugging it in and holding down the button seemed to do the trick.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with my One - also 3 years old!  It was charged and the yesterday I took it out of my pocket to check my steps and it was dead!  I charged it and it was dead again this morning!  I am disappointed that this is happening and also disappointed that it is being discontinued!  

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. I've tried resetting the One and also deleting and reinstalling the Fitbit app on my devices. It wasn't able to sync the other day and I think it drained the battery trying to connect. 

Best Answer

Contacted Fitbit Support. They told me to clean the contacts on my 4 month old fitbit, hold down the button, and still is dumping a charge fast. Less than 48 hours and has half the charge where a full charge used to last 8-10 days. They have changed something in the past week and not only are there charge issues but sync issues. 

Best Answer

Honestly, I don't think Fitbit knows what the issue is and wonder if they care if they are going to discontinue. Too bad. Will have to find another tracker. Stock price doesn't seem to be holding a charge either....just saying

Best Answer

Mine is a few years old and started doing the exact same thing a week or so ago. the charge used to last a week and now it's about two days max.

Best Answer

Up until the last application update my Fitbit one which is just over two years old kept its charge for a full week, it struggles to last for two days now. I have tried all the suggestions on these forums to try and extend the battery life to no avail so it appears to me something in the last update is causing the Fitbit to do something it previously wasn't doing. I don't think this is just affecting the Fitbit one as my daughter is also having similar issues with her Fitbit charge. I think its time that Fitbit released an update that fixes this issues.

Best Answer

Glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue.  Mine is 2 years old, and use to last 3-4 weeks, now only 3-4 days.  UGH!!!

Best Answer

My One didn't send me a low battery warning and completely died. Now it won't charge at all. Been on a charger all day and still no charge. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Mine has been doing that too lately.  Not sure what causes it.  Even when I plug it in to charge, it won't register.  Eventually it seems to reset itself because the screen comes on with the Fitbit 6.60.  Then it will work.  Does yours do that also?  My old one never had any issues.  Unfortunately, I lost that one.  This one has been weird like that since I first got it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes