Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: One not holding charge since iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Fitbit Update 08/21/2017: Several One users have reported that they are experiencing quick battery drain issues since updating their iOS app to the latest version, 2.39.

First off, thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Secondly, I can assure you that our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. I will receive an update from them and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
509 REPLIES 509

@Cocotea51 wrote:
I'd like to reply, but the Fitbit people keep removing my replies. Apparently they don't like what I have to say about this whole fiasco. I am done with Fitbit. Period. I suggest everyone else do the same & find something else. Survived without it before it came along. Will survive without it going forward.

While my One is working fine with All Day Sync turned off in the iOS app (It doesn't sync at all to my Mac anymore), and they gave me a free One which I have as a spare, I too have come to the same conclusion as you. The unwillingness to fix the battery drain issue combined with discontinuing the One has made me question the need for a fitness tracker once my Ones die or are no longer supported by the app.

Over the years, I've got a pretty good idea of how much exercise I need to do during the day to control my weight and to feel healthy. Do I really need to buy a new fitness tracker ever again? Gee, I think Fitbit may have saved me some money in the future. Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
I had turned off all day sync, which was working fine. But now the ios 2.41 update has rendered it useless. My phone, my laptop, won't even find my device. Won't record steps, stairs, or activity. Useless to me. I, too, have a good idea of what I do & need to do. Will not be strong-armed into buying a more expensive device that they will choose to discontinue down the road & we'll be in the same boat.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I don't know what the hell you guys have done, but I am having new issues with syncing. Even though  charged my One YESTERDAY, it's in the yellow now and I have been using the half-assed "solution" of turning off the All Day Sync. This has been going on since AUGUST it is OCTOBER. Sort your **ahem** out!

Best Answer

I have been having the same problem with the charge on my Fitbit One.  It is old but it always held a charge for over a week.  Now, 2 or 3 days.

Best Answer

I have a brand new ONE that lasts only 2 - 3 days.  Previous ONEs I have owned could last as long as 10 days.  What is going on?

Best Answer

Same problem here. Charge only lasted 3 or so hours today! Chatted with customer service this morning. After telling me I had an issue with the battery, they put me on “hold” to research further and then disconnected our chat! Not very helpful. 🙄

So I gather the One has been discontinued and the latest update killed it?

Best Answer
Update: As I posted earlier, my One was having the battery drain, syncing issues described in this thread. In an attempt to fix the problem, I deleted the Fitbit app from my iPad and turned off the all day sync on the app on my iPhone.

It has now been 12 days and my One is still working. i was going to let the battery drain completely, but this morning when I noticed the battery indicator was red, and even though I had not received the low battery warning, I chickened out and am currently recharging the battery. Based on the battery indicator and past performance (before the problems started) I probably had another couple of days before the battery drained completely.

I have no idea why these steps worked for me, but that's all I did: delete the app from my iPad and turn off all day sync on my iPhone.

Who knows how long it will last, but so far, so good.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the post.  I had turned off all day sync and the battery drain was still active.  I just deleted and reinstalled the Fitbit app and will see what happens next.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I call BS!!!!

Best Answer

This issue has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. As this issue is resolved, I'll be closing this thread for further comments. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes